Yoda

El Camino: the Breaking Bad movie

8 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Holy crap, that is coming so much faster than I expected..............

Yeah Odenkirk just leaked that they already filmed it like two days ago. Nobody had a clue. 

20 hours ago, Yoda said:

Yeah Odenkirk just leaked that they already filmed it like two days ago. Nobody had a clue. 

Is he in it?   Are there flashbacks with Saul and Walter White?      I know Skinny Pete is in that trailer (with some shiny white new teeth), but is he actually in the movie?   And what of Badger?   Do you think the producers said "Badger?  We ain't got no Badger.  We don't need no Badger,  We don't have to show you any stinking Badger".   

What if Walter didn't die?   It is possible.   

On 8/25/2019 at 3:04 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

Is he in it?   Are there flashbacks with Saul and Walter White?      I know Skinny Pete is in that trailer (with some shiny white new teeth), but is he actually in the movie?   And what of Badger?   Do you think the producers said "Badger?  We ain't got no Badger.  We don't need no Badger,  We don't have to show you any stinking Badger".   

What if Walter didn't die?   It is possible.   

Possible, but it would make the finale of BB pointless. They're not going to do that. 

I think he or anyone else could be in it as some sort of flashback or dream sequence. I'd find it hard to believe there wouldn't be something like that to fill in gaps. 

What I have learned from anything Vince GIlligan does is quit trying to predict what happens... Just enjoy what we see.    The conventional plot twists we see on TV went away with SOpranos and he's a disciple of that. 

10 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

If Better Call Saul wasn't still going, I would say Jesse and Saul, aka Gene, cross paths in the movie. 

But.... BCS is a prequel.... The fact that Odenkirk leaked that it was filmed, kinda says that Jesse and Saul do cross paths in the movie. I suppose that too could be flashback, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Jesse and Saul together in non-flashback scenes.

33 minutes ago, Tigertown Rats said:

But.... BCS is a prequel.... The fact that Odenkirk leaked that it was filmed, kinda says that Jesse and Saul do cross paths in the movie. 

Odenkirk is probably an executive producer and has a financial stake in it's success.

52 minutes ago, Tigertown Rats said:

But.... BCS is a prequel.... The fact that Odenkirk leaked that it was filmed, kinda says that Jesse and Saul do cross paths in the movie. I suppose that too could be flashback, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Jesse and Saul together in non-flashback scenes.

I feel the Gene character would be resolved in BCS, but I guess that doesn't mean Jesse and Gene don't meet up somehow in the movie. While BCS is a prequel, they do flash forward to present time with Gene. It just seems like they would keep the Gene story entirely in BCS.

In BB they were pretty clear that via the "cleaner" that there's no further contact.  If Saul is in this movie it's probably flashbacks.  

There's now way Jesse, after being a prisoner for so long, will be able to catch up with Saul.  

42 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Odenkirk is probably an executive producer and has a financial stake in it's success.

I highly doubt that Jesse ends up in Omaha with "Gene".   I mean Vacuum Cleaner Guy certainly seemed like he knew what he was doing. 

And Jesse, as far as we know, has no money - unless he hid some, so he couldn't afford Vacuum Man, and even if he could he would end up nowhere near Saul/Gene/Jimmy.     

But I could see Saul and Walt in flashbacks or even nightmares.   

Couldn't you see Jesse - on the run - in a stolen car, the El Camino in the open desert and he is dealing with road hypnosis - he  looks over and sees Walter White in the passenger's seat, hazmat gear on, flipping up the gas mask , turning to Jesse and saying  "We need to cook" and Jesse skids off the road.  

I wonder if AMC will show this too.........after it's initial Netflix run

Breaking Bad was the first show that Netflix saved.  It was not doing well ratings-wise, but AMC believed in it and people started word-of-mouthing it and binging on Netflix.     Without Netflix I don't know if the show goes more than 3 or 4 seasons.   

Yes, AMC will be broadcasting it. 

And BB could have ended after season 4. Gus was the main bad guy. It should have ended with him dying, and Walt as well, maybe cancer comes back. We didn't need the new-nazis. 

6 hours ago, Oblong said:

In BB they were pretty clear that via the "cleaner" that there's no further contact.  If Saul is in this movie it's probably flashbacks.  

There's now way Jesse, after being a prisoner for so long, will be able to catch up with Saul.  

That is of course if Saul wants to stay in hiding. Walt went into hiding with the cleaner but returned. I think it's unlikely Gene is in the movie, but I can see a scenario in which their paths cross.

5 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I wonder if AMC will show this too.........after it's initial Netflix run

Breaking Bad was the first show that Netflix saved.  It was not doing well ratings-wise, but AMC believed in it and people started word-of-mouthing it and binging on Netflix.     Without Netflix I don't know if the show goes more than 3 or 4 seasons.   

I didn't start watching it until the last season. I watched seasons 1-4 on Netflix before watching season 5 last time. I didn't make it past the first episode but I kept hearing how good it was and soldiered through the first couple episodes and was hooked.

4 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I didn't start watching it until the last season. I watched seasons 1-4 on Netflix before watching season 5 last time. I didn't make it past the first episode but I kept hearing how good it was and soldiered through the first couple episodes and was hooked.

Same thing for me.  First of all I just couldn't see the dad from Malcom In The Middle being a criminal -  and the first couple episodes didn't grab me, but people kept saying stick with it.   It was the Cancer Man episode that won me over........KENWINS.................LOL

I was interested from the 1st episode of Season 1.  But started watching that while Season 5 was airing, so I may have been influenced by how much positive attention it had received over the years. I do know though that by the time of the Season 1 episode with the guy locked in the basement, I was hooked.

I'm all in! BCS has been amazing. I honestly think it is as good as Breaking Bad (although if I had to choose which is better, I'd still choose BB)

I've got a question for you all. If you had someone who had not watched BB, would you recommend they start with BCS first? Would it enhance BB by watching BCS before it (you would be introduced to many of the characters earlier) or would it ruin parts of it?

I told them that I absolutely LOVED watching it the way I did (I binged the first few seasons, and then watched it when it would come on AMC for the last few seasons of Breaking Bad), so I recommended they watch BB before BCS. I've watched BB twice through, and really am itching to watch it again, but I just don't have that kind of time now (I had a surgery and was laid up a few weeks last time I watched the entire series).

I think BCS might be boring without knowing what we do of Jimmy/Saul and Mike and Gus backstory and all of that.

It'd be sort of like telling someone who never saw Star Wars to watch Episodes I-III first, then IV-VI....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Oblong said:

It'd be sort of like telling someone who never saw Star Wars to watch Episodes I-III first, then IV-VI....

As an aside, did you know that Mark Hamill never even saw a single Star Wars movie before accepting his role as Luke Skywalker?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I think BCS might be boring without knowing what we do of Jimmy/Saul and Mike and Gus backstory and all of that.

I may tell someone who never saw Star Wars to skip Episodes I-III entirely. I told my friend who hasn't seen BB or BCS that both are REALLY good, and you have to watch them both. 

Better Call Saul is nearly as good as Breaking Bad in my opinion. So I don't think it would be boring to watch them in any order, but I would probably lean toward BB first as that is how I watched it.

I love BCS... it's just got a different pace to it.  BB had more action in it, more on the edge of your seat.... so many puzzles that Walt had to get them out of.  You could pick any random episode and it was a thrill.  BCS is more dramatic, drawn out.  Not sure I could watch any random episode and be as entertained.  I wonder if a BCS viewer would be as into it without the BB backstory?