Motor City Sonics

Tragic Number countdown

This is like telling someone happy birthday at 11:59 the day of. Kinda late, big guy. 

I’d rather change this to the countdown until we’ve officially sealed the first pick next year. Can someone figure that out? Eh who cares.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 7:31 PM, thefunk said:

I’d rather change this to the countdown until we’ve officially sealed the first pick next year. Can someone figure that out? Eh who cares.

Tragic number is 1

14 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

1 Tigers loss or Orioles win, correct?

Yes.  If the Tigers win the remaining games and the Orioles lose their remaining games, they will be tied.  Tie breaker goes to the Orioles since they had a worse record the previous year.  At least that's what Twitter tells me.  

1 minute ago, bobrob2004 said:

Yes.  If the Tigers win the remaining games and the Orioles lose their remaining games, they will be tied.  Tie breaker goes to the Orioles since they had a worse record the previous year.  At least that's what Twitter tells me.  

And that home-losses record is still within reach.  Two home games left.  One loss to tie the 62 Mets, two to own the record outright.  I'm probably going to the game tomorrow, so I'll have a chance to see the Tigers make some baseball history.  Won't be quite as much fun as the first 40 games of 1984, though.

Children should not be scarred by witnessing all this losing.  Win the games at home then lose all the rest on the road. 

42 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Good three innings by Norris.  

I think Norris is going to be OK. VerHagen is still pretty questionable.

Now that we got the first pick all we can hope for is that somebody separates themselves from the pack.  

I hope an incredible major league ready college relief pitcher with a history of arm injuries who is lights out for 20 tosses doesn’t rise to the top of the heap. “He’s the best guy out there, the closer of the century, got to take him, it’s the rules.”

8 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I hope an incredible major league ready college relief pitcher with a history of arm injuries who is lights out for 20 tosses doesn’t rise to the top of the heap. “He’s the best guy out there, the closer of the century, got to take him, it’s the rules.”

But he's the best player in the draft, and you'd be stupid to not take the best player in the draft.

Just now, chasfh said:

But he's the best player in the draft, and you'd be stupid to not take the best player in the draft.

But you may be stupid if you identify the wrong player as being the best player.  

I was being sarcastic, needling the people who believe what I posted no matter the circumstances.