Keepleyland2

8/17 @6:10 Detroit Tigers at Tampa Rays

21 innings without the Tigers giving up a run.How are Mize and Manning and Skubal even going to break into this pitching staff?

Now one of only eleven teams to strike out 24 times in a game.

Just now, lordstanley said:

21 innings without the Tigers giving up a run.How are Mize and Manning and Skubal even going to break into this pitching staff?

We're going to be so good.  Extend Avila!!  Don't hire 84!!

Had a feeling this would be how it would end for a few innings. At least we've been able to watch consecutive nights of competitive baseball!

On a good team your RF has to catch the first double. Demeritte has a lot of work to do around the barriers if he's going to be contributor out there. Of course Nick would not have caught it either, but that's not saying enough.

16 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

On a good team your RF has to catch the first double. Demeritte has a lot of work to do around the barriers if he's going to be contributor out there. Of course Nick would not have caught it either, but that's not saying enough.

I agree. Had he just kept running I stead of jumping he would have caught it

On the bright side I think McKay, even though he was wild, had a couple of pitches that topped out at 122 mph. 

• Like 2

I feel terrible for Jordan Zimmermann. He pitched well and the team ERA has gone down in the two games against Tampa.

10 hours ago, UCFKNIGHT92 said:

The Tigers are gonna have to buy out Cabrera’s contract. There’s no way they can keep him, on the roster, another four years. I hated writing this but it’s true.

Eh, we've seen what they're willing to do. They let Victor Martinez  play out his contract and Miggy makes almost twice what he made and is still a more productive hitter than V-Mart was in three of his last four years, so... 

I'm also not particularly worried about the last two games. That's going to happen when they push him these days. I think he's still figured something out. 

I think we're going to be living with a .280/.360/.400 DH, when he's healthy. 

Meanwhile the Brewers and Nationals went 14 innings on the same game night and scored approximately a gazzilionty runs.

11 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

On the bright side I think McKay, even though he was wild, had a couple of pitches that topped out at 122 mph. 

Fastest pitch recorded since Sidd Finch

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:30 PM, UCFKNIGHT92 said:

I feel terrible for Jordan Zimmermann.

What is a sentiment Mr. Bigglesworth will never express, Alex.