Keepleyland2

8/17 @6:10 Detroit Tigers at Tampa Rays

8 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Vina—falsely credited with starting the Tiger’s turnaround.

Fake news.  Vina aka TheGenesis

Game 120 in 2003:

Tigers drop the series opener in Anaheim, 3-1.  John Lackey pitched 8 innings, scattering 7 hits and 1 walk against 7 strikeouts.  His only blemish was a lead off 9th inning home run to Bobby Higginson.  Future Tiger Troy Percival came into the game to close things out.  Tiger starter pitcher Nate Cornejo went 7 innings and gave up only 2 runs.  Game time was only 2:16.

It all starts with Vina.  When the Tigers reach the postseason in 2021, you will be able to trace that directly back to the Vina signing.

• Like 1

Somewhere there is a Rays fan(if they exist) demanding that the Rays hitting coach be fired after now going 12 innings without a run against the pathetic Tigers. 

As a part of my recent vast travels I spent a wonderful few hours at an undisclosed location near the Atlantic ocean with our friend @Keepleyland2 yesterday afternoon. As @tiger337 can attest regarding me, I too can now attest that KPL2, likewise, is “clean and decent.“

Without blowing his cover too much, he works for a vast syndicate and once killed three men with a pencil. A ******* pencil. He’s not someone you mess with. 

16 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

As a part of my recent vast travels I spent a wonderful few hours at an undisclosed location near the Atlantic ocean with our friend @Keepleyland2 yesterday afternoon. As @tiger337 can attest regarding me, I too can now attest that KPL2, likewise, is “clean and decent.“

Without blowing his cover too much, he works for a vast syndicate and once killed three men with a pencil. A ******* pencil. He’s not someone you mess with. 

He can be very menacing, he once glowered at me for questioning where the game thread was.

16 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

@Keepleyland2

Yes, but they were very small men.

1 hour ago, UCFKNIGHT92 said:

So many feeble swings tonight. In the off season, I hope Ron Gardenhire fires Lloyd McClendon.

No kidding. He needs to be gone before he wrecks all the young guys that come up.

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

Up rings up Cabrera on a pitch that was damn near in the left handers batters box.  Terrible. 

Niko would have doubled him home.

Just now, 84 Lives!!! said:

Zimmerman desperately trying to hold onto his 2020 rotation spot?

Did we spook him on this board...?

Nah, he gets his $$ either way.

1 minute ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Well that part I know...

But: pride/ ego?

You're the damned GM, you know him better than I do.

Nobody wants to lose their 40-man spot... even if they get paid for it.

It would definitely be a huge shot on his ego/ pride.

But he has to make way for progress. Out with the old, in with the new.

My command-GM decision:

Sorry Zimm, I'm taking your 40-spot for the future of this team.

10 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Up rings up Cabrera on a pitch that was damn near in the left handers batters box.  Terrible. 

Shame on Miggy to expect a real strike zone tonight.

Man, there's been some really bad strike zones recently.  Stroman got nailed the other day repeatedly by the old "he missed the glove" routine.  These guys need some remedial work.