Keepleyland2

8/16 @7:10 Detroit Tigers at Tampa Rays

Wasn't Charlie Morton a wide receiver for the Lions?

8 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

What ever Froats your Broats

Ewww.......

This series is huge.  Detroit leads all time over Tampa, 77-75.  I don't know how it splits between vs Devil Rays and vs Rays.  But we should always remember kicking their tails in the inaugural game, 11-6.  My goodness, it wasn't a fair fight at all.  The Tigers scored 11 before Tampa could manage a point.  Justincredible Thompson and the bullpen pieces not named Bryce Florie (he did in fact exist, I am not pulling that name out of thin air) held the Bay Bombers to only a pair of scores, but Florie felt bad and allowed a bunch of runs.

The Tigers promptly lost the next two games in Tampa allowing the Devil Rays to come out on the winning side of their first series ever.

Miguel Cabrera, who extended his hitting streak to eight with his ninth home run of the season — a 417-footer that cleared the bullpen in left field — agreed that his young teammates need to buckle up for the challenge.

"We need to be ready to play because any mistake we make with these teams, they're going to take advantage," he said. "We need to play good baseball."

Cabrera, though, quickly added that the focus is wider than this upcoming trip.

"We've got to look at the whole picture, not only what we've got here," he said. "We have to look at the picture we've got in the minor leagues, too. We trying to be a good team from the minor leagues all the way up to the big leagues.

"We can't focus on right now and the team we've got here, because this isn't going to be the team we have in two or three years. We've got good prospects in the minor leagues and hopefully they will be here soon."

32 minutes ago, Casimir said:

This series is huge.  Detroit leads all time over Tampa, 77-75.  I don't know how it splits between vs Devil Rays and vs Rays.  But we should always remember kicking their tails in the inaugural game, 11-6.  My goodness, it wasn't a fair fight at all.  The Tigers scored 11 before Tampa could manage a point.  Justincredible Thompson and the bullpen pieces not named Bryce Florie (he did in fact exist, I am not pulling that name out of thin air) held the Bay Bombers to only a pair of scores, but Florie felt bad and allowed a bunch of runs.

The Tigers promptly lost the next two games in Tampa allowing the Devil Rays to come out on the winning side of their first series ever.

I remember that game vividly.  I was still in high school and I remember coming home and turning on the tv and seeing the score and thinking that the Tigers must've gotten good during the off-season.  Silly me. 

10 minutes ago, kdog said:

It would really be nice if Miggy bought in, started to work hard and helped Jake lead this team.

Can you imagine the crowds for this series? 🙄

Who is your all time favourite Tampa Bay Ray?  Mine is the lovable, cuddly Carl Crawford.  Everything that I know about paleontology, I learned from him.

Game 119 of 2003:

Matt (Maca) Roney was blitzed by the Ranger offense early, allowing 5 runs in only 2 innings pitched plus 3 batters in the 3rd, as the Tigers fell 6-3 in Texas.  The Tiger offense was paced by the dynamic duo of Alex Sanchez and Warren Morris, a combined 5 of 8 at the top of the lineup, but the early deficit proved too much to overcome.  Texas starting pitcher John Thompson scattered 9 hits over 7 innings while striking out 6 Tigers and the bullpen chipped in with 2 harmless innings.

So this was game 119 of the season.  The Tigers could have, in theory, lost every game through this one, and then gone on a 43 game winning streak.

All time favorite TB Player...

Wil Myers from Thomasville, NC

Honorable mention: Don Zimmer

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

Who is your all time favourite Tampa Bay Ray?  Mine is the lovable, cuddly Carl Crawford.  Everything that I know about paleontology, I learned from him.

Greg vaughn

So one game back around 03 me and my friends went to the game against the devil Rays. We being 17 at the time and having front row seats along the foul line in left, just rode Vaughn all game.

Nothing inappropriate just constant heckling everytime he was in the field. He ignored us the entire time.

In the 9th inning I said soemthing like "Vaughn dont worry we'll be here tomorrow" that is when he lost it looked right at us and was like "aw **** nah," he said with a smile "I cant take it for another nine innings. I'm taking tomrrow off" low and behold, he was a dnp the next day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1776 said:

All time favorite TB Player...

Wil Myers from Thomasville, NC

Honorable mention: Don Zimmer

I detect an NC bias.

36 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I detect an NC bias.

Sir, I am guilty as charged. 😎

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Greg vaughn

So one game back around 03 me and my friends went to the game against the devil Rays. We being 17 at the time and having front row seats along the foul line in left, just rode Vaughn all game.

Nothing inappropriate just constant heckling everytime he was in the field. He ignored us the entire time.

In the 9th inning I said soemthing like "Vaughn dont worry we'll be here tomorrow" that is when he lost it looked right at us and was like "aw **** nah," he said with a smile "I cant take it for another nine innings. I'm taking tomrrow off" low and behold, he was a dnp the next day.

Outstanding.

Favorite Tampa Ray player........  Man, nobody really sticks out.  I did like Price before he became a Tiger.

39 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Favorite Tampa Ray player........  Man, nobody really sticks out.  I did like Price before he became a Tiger.

Me too. Now he's an overpaid, overly sensitive prima donna.  I'd pay to see a Price vs Eckersley cage match

2 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Greg vaughn

Can you do this to Whit Merrifield or Nelson Cruz next time we play them?

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

In his Tampa days Price was known for weed and firearms.