Sign in to follow this  
RedRamage

Preseason Games Thread

Lions DL isn’t really even trying. They stand up at the line and quit.  

3 possessions. Zero first downs.   I know Johnson has only been here a week, but come on.  This is brutal.   

20 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

So Stafford wasn't out there?  The box score says he was 0/1, is that not right?

He was incomplete on the coin toss. 

• Haha 1

After a punt the lions have to take a timeout because they had 12 men on the field for the second time tonight.   Patricia is lost.  Lions don’t look professional.  

lol 4th and 2 and patrica kicks it in preseason.  Bring back Caldwell.  

Opening drive too and we start with a penalty for 12 men on the field. There's that famous Lions disciplined coaching just beaming through.

1 hour ago, T&P_Fan said:

Are you kidding me, Stafford isn’t playing again?

Patricia isn’t looking very smart.  Stafford needs some damn reps with the new OC.  This is some awful decision making. 

They're trying to protect him from criticism by me and all the haters out there. The regular season will be long enough with it. 😂

Seriously though, he should be in there because he needs to get reps in the new offensive scheme.

It's only the preseason is what I keep telling myself. However, the depth pieces we have don't look good and our guys in general don't look like a team that's done a lot of good practicing together. Hopefully its only meaningless preseason football and we will be better than this as a whole come week one.

Stafford had some rest days this past week and did not play this game. I'm beginning to think there may be a nagging injury. 

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

It's only the preseason is what I keep telling myself. However, the depth pieces we have don't look good and our guys in general don't look like a team that's done a lot of good practicing together. Hopefully its only meaningless preseason football and we will be better than this as a whole come week one.

The team looks fine today. Some guys making plays and Fales looks a million times better. The young guys like Tavai, Harris, Reeves Maybin and Fulgam all made some nice plays.

What I don't understand is why Stafford didn't get a series or two. He needs some reps to figure out the new offense. I'm assuming that he'll get a full half next week.

Kennedy seem like exactly the kind of guy Belichek/Brady would take & turn into Julian Edelman. A little taller than Powell. Made a nice comeback on a horrid JJ pass. 

12 hours ago, NYLion said:

The team looks fine today. Some guys making plays and Fales looks a million times better. The young guys like Tavai, Harris, Reeves Maybin and Fulgam all made some nice plays.

What I don't understand is why Stafford didn't get a series or two. He needs some reps to figure out the new offense. I'm assuming that he'll get a full half next week.

He's a 10 year veteran.  He'll either understand it or he won't.    They aren't putting him in because if he gets hurt it's over.   Why risk it at all?    

13 hours ago, NYLion said:

fulgham made a couple nice catches.  reeves maybin looked real good.  might have saved his job because he looked a lot better than killebrew.

i didnt see tavai do anything.  harris gave up a td and him getting the td was just about being in the right place at the right time.  but on the other hand, he looked good in run support.

all in all, this seemed like a really nothing game.  they didnt play any of the dline starters, none of the top receivers started, and stafford didnt play.  how can you take anything away from the game under those conditions.

on an individual level, the backup oline continues to look terrible.  the backup cornerbacks continue to look terrible also.  why was josh johnson available?  oh yeah, thats why.

okwara looked good on defense.  oruwariye continues to look bad.  i thought rhe first team oline was ok and hockenson looked fine, he even got his first welcome to being a lion with a phantom 15 yard penalty called on him.

but again, a big nothingburger of a game.  i wonder if stafford plays the third preseason game?  more worrying are the reports that the lions got worked in practice with the titans all week...

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I hope someone out there lets a decent Guard loose and I am not convinced Rick Wagner is going to make this team. 

wagner has never looked more than average in his entire time here, but what's the alternative?