Sign in to follow this  
RedRamage

Preseason Games Thread

I don't think we need a separate thread for each game, so here's just one for all the rest of the games.  I know some of y'all were chatting in one of the off season threads about it, which is fine, but this should make it easier to find discussion on the remaining three games if people are looking for it.

I didn't end up seeing much of the first game at all, but from what I've heard since the OL looked awful... which is hugely disappointing.  I know it's pre-seasons and we can't draw too many conclusions from it, but it does have me worried.  Generally I'm not going to try to read too much into anything in preseason unless we see extremes... like player x played out of his mind in all the games he was in... or unit y was just amazing all game long.  Or: Unit Z looks pitiful.  And unfortunately that's how the OL looked.

They'll make me feel a lot better if they even just look average on Friday.

Based on Lions history, it may be best for them to lose all the preseason games.  

I’ve been really impressed this year with Miles Killebrew.    He looks really good.  

Not playing football of course but he is very comfortable when interviewed in street clothes. Easy going, happy guy that looks like he’s going to soon be very successful in his life after football

It was close guys, but I made it to the couch.  I’m here. 

Went to Grand Forks today and got a puppy.  Apparently you can’t get them in Bemidji (said no one ever except my significant other).

Also grilled a Tbone and just had some whiskey.  What’s up.  

Took 6 plays but the lions finally gave up less than 5 yards.  

Zero pressure from the lions.  Watson all day on every throw.  Easy 12 play touchdown for the Texans.  Not encouraging.  

Would be nice if the lions starting DL would ever practice, let alone play.  

Are you kidding me, Stafford isn’t playing again?

Patricia isn’t looking very smart.  Stafford needs some damn reps with the new OC.  This is some awful decision making. 

I dunno if I want STafford out there right now.  I mean, look at what's happened so far with the OL... 

Just now, RedRamage said:

I dunno if I want STafford out there right now.  I mean, look at what's happened so far with the OL... 

OL was fine.  johnson had plenty of time to throw. 

Just now, Kamakzie said:

So Stafford is too good to play in preseason?

It’s bad coaching. 

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

So Stafford wasn't out there?  The box score says he was 0/1, is that not right?

He didn’t play.  Which means that the starting QB and top 3 WRs won’t play a snap through 2 preseason games with a new OC.  

I don’t know how that makes any sense. 

2 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

He didn’t play.  Which means that starting QB and top 3 WRs won’t play a snap through 2 preseason games with a new OC.  

I don’t know how that makes any sense. 

Yeah I don't get it but it's kinda a relief for me to find out that he didn't play cause when I saw he was 0/1 and Johnson was 0/1 after 1 series I immediately thought Stafford got hurt.

Lol another 3 and out.  Lions have been by far the worst team in the preseason so far.  Can’t get a first down. Can’t get a stop.  

1 minute ago, RedRamage said:

Martin has not been looking great. 

Martin is awful.