Keepleyland2

8/14 @7:10 Seattle Mariners vs Detroit Tigers

I guess you can say Bill wasn't much of a strikeout pitcher.  I suppose he liked to pitch deep in games and keep his defenders on their toes. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Good ol' Bill McTigue.

That's all I got.

Bill lived to the ripe old age of 28. He died of lung disease. Born and died in Nashville, TN. Apparently his nickname was ‘Rebel.’ I guess he could have used that nickname if they had the silly a$$ players weekend back then. But those boys weren’t sissy sh!ts like today’s Gerber dribblers.

• Like 1

Tonight the entire infield will collide trying to field a ground ball.

6 minutes ago, kdog said:

Tonight the entire infield will collide trying to field a ground ball.

Tee Ball at Comerica Park 👍

Game 117 in 2003:

Jeremy Bonderman tossed 7 innings holding the Texas Rangers to a 3 run 4th.  The Tigers were paced by the bottom two thirds of the order (a combined 10 for 24 with each batter having at least 1 hit) and scored 4 in the 5th to take the lead and added 3 in the 6th to lengthen the lead.  The Tigers would go on to a 7-3 victory and improve to 31-86 on the season.  The win also snapped a 4 game losing streak.

13 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Bill McTigue

Years with Detroit: 1916

Tigers highlights: 1 strikeout

You may remember him from: Boston Rustlers, Providence Greys, from the Music City

My first thought was whether Nashville was even called the Music City during McTigue's short lifetime. Then I looked it up and it turns out the city has been known by that moniker since the mid-1800s. I learn something every day.

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

My first thought was whether Nashville was even called the Music City during McTigue's short lifetime. Then I looked it up and it turns out the city has been known by that moniker since the mid-1800s. I learn something every day.

Longer than Detroit has been the Motor City.

there are 7 people listed that will one day tell their grandchildren they shared a lineup card with Jake Rogers.

• Like 1

Who's the emergency catcher right now? I think it's probably Dixon, based on an article from his time with the Reds. 

The Orioles are at 82 losses but the Tigs have 5 losses in hand. I still think we are looking good.

Baltimore has a pretty tough schedule ahead -- plenty of the Red Sox and Rays, and the Dodgers, too.  They do have a few series against the Royals and one with our own Detroit Tigers

McCann Sucks just hit a go ahead grand slam here in the eighth. 

931BE3FD-141B-41B3-BF7A-3E120BE02D08.thumb.jpeg.b92784a16c27d1f33aad8b25245f6092.jpeg

48 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

Baltimore has a pretty tough schedule ahead -- plenty of the Red Sox and Rays, and the Dodgers, too.  They do have a few series against the Royals and one with our own Detroit Tigers

When you are Baltimore or Detroit every team on the schedule is tough.

Tigers actually put runs on the board first.

miguel runs  into an out at home.

guys on the radio aren't sure if Clark sent him or not.

Hail to the Victor!

Nice DP by Jordy "Bobby" Mercer.  Nice CS by Mr Rogers. So far it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

As a side note, I'm not going to see that Tom Hanks Fred Rogers movie that's coming out. Nobody's gonna want to see that. Huh-uh. I'm waiting for the Captain Kangaroo movie. Maybe the Mr. Dressup movie.

2 minutes ago, 1776 said:

How much was Cabrera out?

Dan said "easily"

But Castro drives in Goodrum, 3-0