Keepleyland2

8/13 Seattle Mariners vs Detroit Tigers

Tigers have optioned RHP John Schreiber to Toledo. Corresponding move tomorrow.

Please respect all the writers who are fans of schreiber at this time. #dignity

34 minutes ago, 1776 said:

The comedy show rolls on with no end in sight.

Lloyd's lads did their part tonight. 

1 hour ago, jbhappy said:

so Goodrum and Dixon ran into each other, causing Goodrum to Raburn the ball over the wall? is that about what happened? I just have the radio broadcast here.

I was listening to the broadcast too but just saw the play now. Goodrum knocked the ball over the fence before the little collision with Dixon, but would have caught it if Dixon hadn't been in the picture.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I was listening to the broadcast too but just saw the play now. Goodrum knocked the ball over the fence before the little collision with Dixon, but would have caught it if Dixon hadn't been in the picture.

It's up to Niko to call Dixon off.

But this is another example of the obsession with mix-n-match. Bad enough to have one guy out there who is not a regular OF, but we had to put out two. I suppose the driver here is that none of the OFs in Toledo are on the 40 except Peterson, who is listed as on the IL. 

I've seen dedicated OF  make the same mistake.  It is pretty rare in any event.

The season is so ****ed, this is so low on my list of concerns / grievances, it was just a meh moment for me.

Seager hit 3hrs yesterday at Comerica, only 4 Tigers have hit more than that there for the entire season. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I've seen dedicated OF  make the same mistake.  It is pretty rare in any event.

The season is so ****ed, this is so low on my list of concerns / grievances, it was just a meh moment for me.

It actually happened twice in this game. The first time it was ruled a 2 base error on Goodrum.

OK.  Making guys play lots of positions leads to more errors because there is less specialization.

I get that and agree with it.

Does it matter in the context of this season?  I don't think it does.

They are trying things out to help figure out their plan for the future.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

OK.  Making guys play lots of positions leads to more errors because there is less specialization.

I get that and agree with it.

Does it matter in the context of this season?  I don't think it does.

They are trying things out to help figure out their plan for the future.

I guess that is the thing. These are not 'tryouts' with any long term point. Maybe Dixon as a corner, but no-way Goodrum is going to need to play CF for this team - OK put it this way, if Goodrum has to play LF for this team, that means the entire core of OF prospects in the minors go bust - or IOW, they are never going to compete anyway.

That lineup was not to find out where guys could play, but to avoid adding anyone to the 40man roster yet. And as rebuilding team logic I think that is fine, but the if the team is going to dissemble about their motives with stories that don't make sense, they can expect to get slammed.

Daz Cameron is supposed to be the guy defensively but he can't hit. Jacoby Jones got hurt after having a decent season. Stewart has been bad and injured/concussed all year.

Best laid plans etc but this wasn't the design. Stuff just hasn't worked out.