Keepleyland2

8/13 Seattle Mariners vs Detroit Tigers

RICHIE BECKER IS DA CATALYST WHEN HE PLAYS THE TIGERS WIN WHEN HE SITS THERE IS NO ENERGY EVERYBODY PLAYS BETTER WHEN RICHIE IS IN THE LINEUP !!! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Yusei Kikuchi vs Matthew Boyd

For Shelton

**** yes. Game of the year. 

28 years old. .383 obp. Doesn’t play in the majors ever again. Career obp of .358.

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

28 years old. .383 obp. Doesn’t play in the majors ever again. Career obp of .358.

That's pretty weird.

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

RICHIE ONLY BATTED .256 AND HAD A LOT OF STRIKEOUTS HE WAS A GENIUS WHO UNDERSTOOD THE VALUE OF GETTING ON BASE BUT THE BASEBALL WORLD WAS NOT READY FOR RICHIE IF HE PLAYED TODAY HE WOULD GET HIS DUE RESPECT AND ALSO HIT 30+ HOMERS WITH THE JUICED BALL

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shelton said:

Yeah, it is kind of odd.  But that career .372 SLG probably didn't help much.  Only around 100 OPS+ in his last two MLB seasons despite the high OBP. 

He split his next season between Toledo and Calgary, and then his age 30 season was in independent ball.  

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

newbies dont understand the richie becker debates.

**I** don't understand the Richie Becker debates and I have been here 10+ years.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Are you referring to life?

This season.     This wretched season in ****.   It's like getting a triple root canal in one visit.   

2 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I knew what you were referencing.  I was making an attempt at humor.

Well,  Baseball is Life, right?

This is getting heavy............Back to Becker............

Becker threw batting practice once.........he was better than Drew VerHagen. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Are you referring to life?

It sucks and then you die.  A perfect parallel to the 2019 Detroit Tiger season. 

Or is the 2019 Detroit Tiger season a perfect parallel to life?

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

It sucks and then you die.  A perfect parallel to the 2019 Detroit Tiger season. 

Or is the 2019 Detroit Tiger season a perfect parallel to life?

Wait until next season after we trade Boyd and Goodrum in the offseason. I guess we can all hope for a .500 record by 2021? Not sure where any offense will come from though. It all seems so hopeless at times.    : (

People bitched ins 2003 when we traded Randall Simon and Juan Acevedo.... "Our closer and best hitter....."

37 minutes ago, Oblong said:

People bitched ins 2003 when we traded Randall Simon and Juan Acevedo.... "Our closer and best hitter....."

And proceeded to set an American League record for losses in a season?

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

The Tigers got Roberto Novoa from Pittsburgh for Simon.  I'd guess Simon got the better end of that deal because he avoided the 2003 Tigers.

Something strange I've noticed through the years. Talking to people I know, or regulars on MTS, it's OK for longtime, diehard fans to say the Tigers suck. But if that comes from a stranger? Those be fighting words. Even if I secretly agree.

30 minutes ago, Casimir said:

The Tigers got Roberto Novoa from Pittsburgh for Simon.  I'd guess Simon got the better end of that deal because he avoided the 2003 Tigers.

But Simon didn't hear about the trade until somebody told him about it.