Keepleyland2

8/11 @1:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

I’m looking forward to Edwin Jackson’s next start, and while I am prepared to be disappointed, I am still looking forward to it. I’ve reached the point where I know the season will eventually end. I simply yearn for games. 

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

I’m looking forward to Edwin Jackson’s next start, and while I am prepared to be disappointed, I am still looking forward to it. I’ve reached the point where I know the season will eventually end. I simply yearn for games. 

I thought he could have a bit of a revival season here late with the Tigers. Then I looked at his last few year's stats and thought....hmmmm, if he does it would surely be miraculous.

18 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Joke of a team, joke of a manager, joke of a franchise.

Don't forget joke of a park.

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

A huge losing streak coming up after the Seattle series. We may not win another game until mid- September. 

Norris shouldn't be considered a lock in any kind of future plans. Now that he's tapered off the velocity, he just isn't good. 

Good win by the Orioles to assist the quest for the #1 pick.

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Joke of a team, joke of a manager, joke of a franchise.

And yet here you are.

23 minutes ago, kdog said:

Norris shouldn't be considered a lock in any kind of future plans. Now that he's tapered off the velocity, he just isn't good. 

He's not getting anything like the spin rates he used to get on the FB either. This is the same worry I have with Fulmer having to change his delivery to save his knee (a situation that will still be there after the UCL heals)  Just because a guy can get some level of life on his pitches - if his delivery is flawed and has to be changed, there is no guarantee at all he can throw the same pitches from the new delivery.

18 minutes ago, kdog said:

Yeah, I’ve been a Norris fan since he got to Detroit but I’m to the point that I’m ready to give up on him as a starter. Maybe he could contribute out of the pen, if not here, somewhere else. 

7 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

And yet here you are.

Commitment 😁 

31 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

And yet here you are.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Just like a dog going back to its abusive owner.