Keepleyland2

8/10 @6:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

I hope this turn of events for Miguel Cabrera is real.  When Dan Dickerson is talking about Miguel keeping both feet on the ground when he swings, that’s exactly the effortless swing I remember him having when he was great. That easy, faultlessly fluid swing. It’s like Christmas in August when I see that swing. 

5 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

When Dan Dickerson is talking about Miguel keeping both feet on the ground when he swings, 

Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars.

I know it's not a Tiger thing.   But I would just like someone to punch Bret Gardner right in the face.   I can't stand that Uncle Fester-looking loud mouth.   Even when he gets wrongfully ejected, I still hate him. 

• Like 1

Hey Whit Merrifield, why don't you just bite me you private-school upper class twit.  At least take off the ascot during the games.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I know it's not a Tiger thing.   But I would just like someone to punch Bret Gardner right in the face.   I can't stand that Uncle Fester-looking loud mouth.   Even when he gets wrongfully ejected, I still hate him. 

I couldn't agree more. 

EBoPzJuWsAAA-oM?format=jpg&name=medium

The Tigers today announced that OF Christin Stewart's injury rehab assignment has been recalled from Triple A Toledo and he remains on the injured list. Additionally, RHP Trevor Rosenthal has cleared waivers and has elected his free agency.

Sounds like Stewart's concussion symptoms re-occurred and he's back at step 1 in the protocol.

12 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I hope this turn of events for Miguel Cabrera is real.  When Dan Dickerson is talking about Miguel keeping both feet on the ground when he swings, that’s exactly the effortless swing I remember him having when he was great. That easy, faultlessly fluid swing. It’s like Christmas in August when I see that swing. 

I hope a resurgent Miggy will contribute to turning around this here stat that came into my inbox this morning:

The Tigers, in 53 home games this year, have hit 37 homers. The Yankees, in just 10 games at Camden Yards, hit 43.

39 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The Tigers, in 53 home games this year, have hit 37 homers.

How is this news? - Lynn Henning

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Fire Avila.

I thought Lloyd was in charge of the pitchers?

6 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

I thought Lloyd was in charge of the pitchers?

Which is why Turnbull just gave up the dinger?

This Montgomery guy is mowing the Tigers down like he was pitching to a AAA team.  Oh wait.

30 minutes ago, gmoney said:

This Montgomery guy is mowing the Tigers down like he was pitching to a AAA team.  Oh wait.

I saw Montgomery pitch for the Durham Bulls years back. I was surprised when TB moved him.

I don't care how good his arm is, he's a disaster waiting to happen every time he is out there.

Ouch.  7 guys struck out 2 times each.  At least they are consistent.  And 0 walks for everyone.

A CT scan revealed a fractured wrist for Tigers CF JaCoby Jones. Manager Ron Gardenhire says Jones will be out for six weeks, and he’ll likely be done for the season.