Keepleyland2

8/9 @7:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

Miguel showing some nice bat speed there. I'm really hesitant about getting optimistic about anything he does this season because it seems every time it looks like he has something figured out and is ready to pick it up he goes back in the tank for 3 weeks. So enough to say it was nice to see him pull a fastball.

4 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Due up:  Gordon, Dozier, Soler.  Ha ha ha ha!  Edwin will toy with them.

After a leadoff walk, Edwin got 3 outs on 5 pitches. 6 innings of 1-run 3-hit ball.

1 minute ago, Charles Liston said:

Edwin through 6 innings, 88 pitches, 1 run on 3 hits.  Beautiful.

"They Don't Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do" 

• Thanks 1

Just now, LooseGoose said:

Rogers has lit this team on fire.   

I was just going to complain that the Tigers were letting Keller dictate the pace too much - but Jake don't give a ****.

I know we were kind of spoofing about it in the game thread that night......but I certainly hope someday we'll look back on Rogers getting called up as the beginning of the turnaround.

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Castellanos with a homer against the Reds tonight, his 4th for the Cubs.

He's like Fredo to me.

........and if Rogers turns out to be a cornerstone it will make the JV trade somewhat easier to stomach.

4 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

I know we were kind of spoofing about it in the game thread that night......but I certainly hope someday we'll look back on Rogers getting called up as the beginning of the turnaround.

I like Rogers.  Catcher position, solved.  Good defender, 25 home runs from the 8 spot in the batting order.  You can win with that. 

I also like Reyes, and Jones is starting to win me over.  So, I can't remember the last time I liked 3 young players on the tigers and thought that they might be starters for the next 7 years.  And I like Demeritte, walks and power. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

So is Reyes taking Stewart's job?

I hope so.  He's got the possibility of being a better all around ballplayer.    Stewart still looked overmatched - but in fairness so did Reyes last year.

The fan who scooped up the ball with his hat needs to sleep with the fishes tonight.