Keepleyland2

8/9 @7:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

Ham Bone!  More athletic than you think.  So quick he couldn't keep his helmet on.

344dd095d1c47dd7ae440cd24eddba06.jpg

Delivered pizzas to Bob back in the day.... large with a 2 liter of Mountain Dew... what else you expect?

Although if you had asked I would have said he played here in 94 or 95... not 97.

• Like 1

I never understood why the Tigers jettisoned Hamelin.  I mean, I do -- Randy Smith -- but it doesn't make any sense to me

21 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Who is your all time favourite Kansas City Royal?  Mine is Willie Aikens.

Freddie Patek and Amos Otis.

PS - Is it really proper to drop the "Mays"?   

In my youth and prior to Trammell & Whitaker - I thought of Patek & Cookie Rojas as nearly the perfect keystone combo.

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

Delivered pizzas to Bob back in the day.... large with a 2 liter of Mountain Dew... what else you expect?

Although if you had asked I would have said he played here in 94 or 95... not 97.

I recall you mentioning that.

Better brush in with famousness, Magic when you were working out or delivering snacks to Hammer?

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

Who is your all time favourite Kansas City Royal?  Mine is Willie Aikens.

Screenshot2013-07-24at2.33.29PM_crop_nor

IT SHOULD BE MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Demeritte has the highest OPS(SSS) on the team but his walk rate is rather encouraging. If he walks, slugs decently, and strikes out a lot that's damn good.

32 minutes ago, kdog said:

Demeritte has the highest OPS(SSS) on the team but his walk rate is rather encouraging. If he walks, slugs decently, and strikes out a lot that's damn good.

as long as he figures out how to actually catch more than 1/2 the balls he can  reach.

23 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

as long as he figures out how to actually catch more than 1/2 the balls he can  reach.

I believe that means hes batting .500 in the field extending his catch streak to 4 games and 8 in total 

• Like 1

Sandy Baez released to open up a spot on the 40 man roster for E-Jax.

Josh harrison reinstated from the 60 day DL and granted his unconditional release($2 million down the toilet).

Nicky Hardy's husband was demoted last night to make room on the 25 man.

3 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

Freddie Patek and Amos Otis.

PS - Is it really proper to drop the "Mays"?   

Patek and Otis are good ones - Patek for his height, Otis for his name.  Otis was the one player Bill James used to get totally emotional about and overrate as a player.,  

6 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Bo Jackson

Pat Sheridan

Good post.

Jackson was must see in baseball, football, grocery shopping, laundry, whatever.

Pat Sheridan was part of a baseball clinic put on by Bill Laskey at Laskey's high school just across the park from my house.  I can't remember now if he was a Royal or a Tiger at that point, but he had those unmistakably awful mid 80s big lensed glasses that everybody wore.  He handled the base running part of the clinic.  No idea who else was there besides Laskey and Sheridan.

Favorite KC Royal Is Darrell Porter. Hard to believe he’s been gone 17 years. Read his book, Snap Me Perfect! 

Don’t remember the year but we were in Atlanta for a Braves/Cards series and he signed his book for me. I remember reading of his death and it broke my heart. 

Runner up Royal is Whitey Herzog.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Hal McRae

He did have one of the best rants of all time...