Jump to content

ROMAD1

Trump Fatigue

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Yes.  

Not buying any shares in both sides are bad incorporated 

Okeedokee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

Just so I understand, there is no wrong one side can do?

Churchill made common cause with Stalin and so shall I until this scourge is removed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

Just so I understand, there is no wrong one side can do?

No, it just means it doesn't necessarily follow that both sides are close to equally bad or at fault.

I also found the article overwrought with strawmen, which detracted from the quality of argument, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ben9753 said:

Just so I understand, there is no wrong one side can do?

The GOP simply cannot plead for equivalence, there is none. Which party is so willing to toss Constitutional Democracy that they embrace explicit policies to disenfranchise voters that disagree with them? Which party continually embraces the erosion of American Politics by special interest money to the detriment of *every* individual voter? Which party ever refused it's constitutional mandate to advise and consent on a SCOTUS nominee? Which party is protecting foreign interference in the US election process? Which party has laid a trillion dollars in debt on our children to increase corporate profits? Which party has chosen the support of the fossil fuel industry as opposed not only to the US public interest but the entire world's interest in refusing to even admit the science of the single biggest issue threatening the political stability and security of the planet? Which party's leader is playing to the biggest repudiation of Jefferson's "We believe all men are created equal" since George Wallace stood in a schoolhouse door?

There is no equivalence of *actions* here when it comes to supporting the fundamentals of the American constitutional democracy. Anymore the GOP twists the knife into the near corpse of American Democracy almost daily, they have no right to complain that people are taking opposition to them with complete seriousness and relative implacability.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

 

The author of this piece is Mr. Rich Lowry who thinks there is such a thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome.  He's gaslighting us into thinking we are crazy for seeing clearly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headline revision:  "Because Trump is an obnoxious racist, ABC could not find a debate moderator from Latin TV who can stand Trump"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

Headline revision:  "Because Trump is an obnoxious racist, ABC could not find a debate moderator from Latin TV who can stand Trump"

I recall conservative pundit Hugh Hewitt - who openly does not like Democrats - moderating a 2016 GOP debate.

It's selective outrage by the author.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I recall conservative pundit Hugh Hewitt - who openly does not like Democrats - moderating a 2016 GOP debate.

It's selective outrage by the author.

That was ugly.  He was trying to slobber all over Trump (for reasons unknown at that early date) and Trump was treating him like the priggish jackass he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ROMAD1 said:

That was ugly.  He was trying to slobber all over Trump (for reasons unknown at that early date) and Trump was treating him like the priggish jackass he is.

Hewitt is one sardine in an ocean of conservative commentators.  They all need various hot takes from time to time to stand out.

Oh, and if that author thinks having an anti-Trump Latino moderate the Dem debate, I wonder what he thinks about this previous event.

Image result for hannity trump rally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Euphdude said:

Hewitt is one sardine in an ocean of conservative commentators.  They all need various hot takes from time to time to stand out.

Oh, and if that author thinks having an anti-Trump Latino moderate the Dem debate, I wonder what he thinks about this previous event.

Image result for hannity trump rally

RE: Conservative Commentators and hot takes.   Joe Walsh is really getting out in front of his skis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Can we have a guy in a bed bug suit at his next rally?

 

That is a fake story................. Democrats brought in jars of bedbugs and dumped them all over.....................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, Gehringer_2 said:

The GOP simply cannot plead for equivalence, there is none. Which party is so willing to toss Constitutional Democracy that they embrace explicit policies to disenfranchise voters that disagree with them? Which party continually embraces the erosion of American Politics by special interest money to the detriment of *every* individual voter? Which party ever refused it's constitutional mandate to advise and consent on a SCOTUS nominee? Which party is protecting foreign interference in the US election process? Which party has laid a trillion dollars in debt on our children to increase corporate profits? Which party has chosen the support of the fossil fuel industry as opposed not only to the US public interest but the entire world's interest in refusing to even admit the science of the single biggest issue threatening the political stability and security of the planet? Which party's leader is playing to the biggest repudiation of Jefferson's "We believe all men are created equal" since George Wallace stood in a schoolhouse door?

There is no equivalence of *actions* here when it comes to supporting the fundamentals of the American constitutional democracy. Anymore the GOP twists the knife into the near corpse of American Democracy almost daily, they have no right to complain that people are taking opposition to them with complete seriousness and relative implacability.

keep going bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, Gehringer_2 said:

The GOP simply cannot plead for equivalence, there is none. Which party is so willing to toss Constitutional Democracy that they embrace explicit policies to disenfranchise voters that disagree with them? Which party continually embraces the erosion of American Politics by special interest money to the detriment of *every* individual voter? Which party ever refused it's constitutional mandate to advise and consent on a SCOTUS nominee? Which party is protecting foreign interference in the US election process? Which party has laid a trillion dollars in debt on our children to increase corporate profits? Which party has chosen the support of the fossil fuel industry as opposed not only to the US public interest but the entire world's interest in refusing to even admit the science of the single biggest issue threatening the political stability and security of the planet? Which party's leader is playing to the biggest repudiation of Jefferson's "We believe all men are created equal" since George Wallace stood in a schoolhouse door?

There is no equivalence of *actions* here when it comes to supporting the fundamentals of the American constitutional democracy. Anymore the GOP twists the knife into the near corpse of American Democracy almost daily, they have no right to complain that people are taking opposition to them with complete seriousness and relative implacability.

Beautifully said G2...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really pretty damning when it's all listed out like that.   The sad thing is, there's much more he didn't even get to.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanford lied about being on the Appalachian Trail to clear his head so he could fly to Argentina to continue an adulterous affiar with his mistress.  It's great that Sanford is challenging Trump, but he's a swarmy, lying, hypocritical politician all the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Euphdude said:

Sanford lied about being on the Appalachian Trail to clear his head so he could fly to Argentina to continue an adulterous affiar with his mistress.  It's great that Sanford is challenging Trump, but he's a swarmy, lying, hypocritical politician all the same.

The thing is that Trump doesn’t get to differentiate.  He isn’t the decider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ROMAD1 said:

The thing is that Trump doesn’t get to differentiate.  He isn’t the decider

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's that they don't think Bevin is great, b/c he's not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...