Keepleyland2

8/8 @7:10 Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

what happened to the "traditional Thursday day game"?

10 minutes ago, Oblong said:

what happened to the "traditional Thursday day game"?

Seems odd considering the Lions have a game tonight.  District Detroit will be hopping, yo.

Then again, its tough to pull an afternoon game on a team just getting into town.  The Royals at Red Sox game was suspended in a 4-4 tie after 9 innings last night around 12:30.  So, they got a late jet out of town.  And it sounds like they'll have to finish out the game on a previously scheduled off day in between a series in Baltimore and a series in Cleveland.  For a game that likely won't make a difference in the final standings.

All kidding aside, I think they set up a rule now that if hte incoming team has a night game then you can't do a day game.... something like that.

The Patriots being in town was fun this week.  They stayed in Dearborn and while I didn't see anyone I heard from others that you could spot them.  A member of the Boston media attended one of my fitness classes on Tuesday.  Cute.

3 minutes ago, Oblong said:

All kidding aside, I think they set up a rule now that if hte incoming team has a night game then you can't do a day game.... something like that.

This seems reasonable.  I think this rule is somewhat in place, at least as far as a gentleman's agreement with most teams.

Sadly, Bob got drafted into the Vietnam.... he showed his new friends a picture of his girl back home, then was killed by a grenade a few hours later, they think friendly fire.  He went out to take a crap and didn't tell anyone.

*That's not true, I just made it up

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Sadly, Bob got drafted into the Vietnam.... he showed his new friends a picture of his girl back home, then was killed by a grenade a few hours later, they think friendly fire.  He went out to take a crap and didn't tell anyone.

*That's not true, I just made it up

He did die young though, 28. Leukemia 

Boyd's starts are probably the only thing I really look forward to at this point with the Tigers besides Rogers at bats of course. 

20 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Jesus.... I feel bad now.

No reason for that, he lived his dream and had a career year in '68 and I'm sure got a WS ring.

I’m in Burlington Vermont through Sunday then Monday night in Portland Maine. But my schedule doesn’t correspond to when any Tiger team is visiting these two cities. Erie is in Portland tonight but I am not. Guess I’ll have to hang out with hippie girls at a hemp farm or something. Wish me luck. 

John Schreiber and Matt Hall both called up from Toledo. A certain minor league reporter is thrilled about Schreibs getting the call!!!

7 minutes ago, kdog said:

John Schreiber and Matt Hall both called up from Toledo. A certain minor league reporter is thrilled about Schreibs getting the call!!!

Just like I knew you would. 

Wonder if she smoked a cigarette after that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just watch, at some point Faedo is going to get called up, and Emily is going to be like: “**** you, Alex. I hope you get lit up.”

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

I’m in Burlington Vermont through Sunday then Monday night in Portland Maine. But my schedule doesn’t correspond to when any Tiger team is visiting these two cities. Erie is in Portland tonight but I am not. Guess I’ll have to hang out with hippie girls at a hemp farm or something. Wish me luck. 

Nice area.  I'd figure out a way to visit Ben & Jerry.

Just now, Casimir said:

Nice area.  I'd figure out a way to visit Ben & Jerry.

Go to the Cabot creamery and have some excellent sharp white cheddar. They'll even mail a big chunk back home for you.