Keepleyland2

8/6 @7:10 Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers

54 minutes ago, TallBaby said:

Him pitching well the rest of the year will just make Avila think he should come back next year instead of opting for someone with an actual future with the team.

He's an odd case. Seems to have decent stuff but can't get over the tendency to self-destruct periodically. Odds are high he will flame out again, but you never know when something might click for guy that does have the physical talent.

I was going to question whether or not Verhagen would be blocking someone from a 40 man spot next season, and then was stunned to see that he'd be 29 entering next season with parts of 6 seasons in the bigs.  I guess the fact that he's only pitched around 160 innings over those 6 seasons makes it easy to forget how long he's been around and/or when he debuted.

28 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I was going to question whether or not Verhagen would be blocking someone from a 40 man spot next season, and then was stunned to see that he'd be 29 entering next season with parts of 6 seasons in the bigs.  I guess the fact that he's only pitched around 160 innings over those 6 seasons makes it easy to forget how long he's been around and/or when he debuted.

yup - Between the conversions into and out of relief and the thoracic outlet surgery he has managed to pitch surprisingly little.