Sign in to follow this  
MadtownTiger

Could the tigers have traded Fulmer for Javier Baez in '17?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/08/tigers-were-offered-baez-bregman-in-2017-offers-for-michael-fulmer.html

This article seems to think so. I don't remember hearing anything about Bregman being a possible trade option. I'm not sure how much stock to put in this writing, but if it's true it's a real shame that Detroit didn't pull the trigger on that. 

Avila misses the boat again.  I read that he could have traded Fulmer for Mike Trout and Ohtani.

I heard he also could have had *Aaron* Judge and Mookie Betts for Fulmer in a three way deal.

Mike Judge would have been a good get as well.  He funny.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I heard he also could have had Mike Judge and Mookie Betts for Fulmer in a three way deal.

This isn't the forum for that kind of talk.

He could have traded Fulmer for a time machine that would allow him to go back in time to kill Hitler...but he held out for a class A RH with a big arm and control issues.  That ended the trade discussions

Baez was a very highly thought of prospect whose shine wore off a bit after a slow start to his career.  I am assuming that is when the Cubs offered him up.   Why would the Tigers trade a young All-Star under control for a former, underachieving, prospect?   Obviously worked out well for the Cubs but I doubt any General Manager would have made that trade.  

I don't get why the media (and many fans) can't let this go.  Teams don't trade young guys under control who have already performed at a high level in the major leagues.  It just doesn't make sense for the buyer or the seller.  

I remember when they could have traded Justin Verlander for Jake Rogers, Daz Cameron, and Franklin Perez.

Oh ....wait!

I remember when they traded Dickie Noles for Dickie Noles