Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

8/2 @8:05 Detroit Tigers at Texas Rangers

I’ve decided for the remainder of the season if I can’t say something positive I won’t say anything. Because only an idiot goes around being negative. 

EDIT: Oops

Just now, IdahoBert said:

I’ve decided for the remainder of the season if I can’t say something positive I won’t say anything. Because only an idiot goes around being negative. 

The bright side is that Alexander is limiting the damage in each inning.  The problem is damage being there to limit in each inning.

45 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

yep, a sterling 0-4 with 4 K's to start tonight.  Big time fear in the opposing pitchers for that 3/4 combo

Jeimer with a great at bat as he grounded out. 

Now 0-6 with 5 K's.  Miserable

1 minute ago, 1776 said:

Cabrera is useless.

Any chance that if he has two or three more miserable years like this year that he hits himself out of the hall of fame?

He is having a brutally bad year

I am trying real hard not to say anything negative, and even being ironic is a not so subtle way of being negative. Of course that something I rarely do.

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Tigers must have the most potent 3-4 punch in baseball with Cabrera and Candelario.  

They are only good as they are because they get protection from Harold Castro.  

• Like 1

That was a vintage old school Miggy at bat, fouled off a tough pitch, then roped one up the middle for an RBI single

5-1 Rangers. Whether in chains or on the throne I’m developing a stoic indifference to this. 

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

5-1 Rangers. Whether in chains or on the throne I’m developing a stoic indifference to this. 

Wow 5-2. Being stoic means that bad stuff is water off a ducks back but you’re still allowed to enjoy the good stuff.  Which I am. 

Pinch running for Cabrera last inning could cost the Tigers, as his spot is on deck.

When was the last time the Tigers hit a late, 2 out HR with runners on base to tie or take the lead?

This team could use one of those

4 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

Pinch running for Cabrera last inning could cost the Tigers, as his spot is on deck.

When was the last time the Tigers hit a late, 2 out HR with runners on base to tie or take the lead?

This team could use one of those

Probably JD 

Lloyd McClendon was not a very good hitter during his 8 years as an MLB player.

Perhaps now as the Tiger hitting coach he figures that his career looks better when all his own players hit worse than he did.

12 hours ago, kj2018 said:

Any chance that if he has two or three more miserable years like this year that he hits himself out of the hall of fame?

He is having a brutally bad year

No.  No matter how bad he is for the rest of his career, his counting stats alone will easily get him in on the first ballot.  Plus there are the two MVPs, the many years in which he was Top Five or Top Ten in the MVP voting, and the Triple Crown.  He'll probably be at least close to a unanimous selection.  

Most of the voters won't have the privilege that we do, of watching him play ever more poorly day after day.

Yes, Cabrera will be first ballot just like Pujols who is in the same situation.  Pujols was .328/./420/.617 when he went to the Angels.  He is now .300/.380/.551 and still dropping for 2+ years.