7/30 @10:07 Detroit Tigers vs Los Angeles Angels

Tigers at Angels

Game 103

31-71

Remember him?

junior-felix-detroit-tigers-baseball-car
Junior Felix

Years with Detroit: 1994

Tigers highlights: A .897 OPS (which would be 100 points higher than anyone on this year's team)

You may remember him from: California Angels, Toronto Blue Jays, hitting an inside the park grand slam

Baseball Reference Link and Stats:

junior.jpg

hated... hated... hated Junior Felix.  He was lazy.  

This pitching matchup has elite prep school written all over it.

Drew Verhagen is just the worst, I don't know how he has managed to stay with the organization as long as he has.

• Like 1

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

Drew Verhagen is just the worst, I don't know how he has managed to stay with the organization as long as he has.

No one else will claim him for nothing and he refuses to refuse assignment and declare free agency. 

50 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Griffin ****ing Canning.

I hate him already.

sounds like the name of a fruit company.

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

sounds like the name of a fruit company.

My uncle worked for Griffin Canning for 17 years. They fired him for gross negligence.

All over North America today parents are shouting at their children, demanding to know why they had not spent more time playing Fortnite.

4 hours ago, Oblong said:

hated... hated... hated Junior Felix.  He was lazy.  

I always wondered why a guy with a .897 OPS at age 26 would never play again.  I knew he wasn't a good defender, but you might be right that he had an attitude problem.  

It always amazed me that was his last season.

I used to flip through the old baseball almanac to try to find players whose last season in the show was objectively solid to good and then try to see if I could see find out what happened that caused them to leave the game even though they could still play.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I used to flip through the old baseball almanac to try to find players whose last season in the show was objectively solid to good and then try to see if I could see find out what happened that caused them to leave the game even though they could still play.

Is this how you killed time between dates?

94 was the first time I had significant free time and the ability to go to a lot of games.  That's how I noticed Junior's laziness. Just gave the impression he didn't care... not in a Tony Clark kind of way :)

Still waiting for the “remember Rich Becker” game thread. It’s going to be best game thread of the year. 

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

Still waiting for the “remember Rich Becker” game thread. It’s going to be best game thread of the year. 

RICHIE BECKER IS DA CATALYST WHEN RICHIE BECKER PLAYS THE TIGERS WIN

49 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I always wondered why a guy with a .897 OPS at age 26 would never play again.  I knew he wasn't a good defender, but you might be right that he had an attitude problem.  

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

There's like a five year gap and then he pops up in the Mexican league for a few years. I wonder what he did for those five years.

He's also rumored to be 5-10 years older than his stated age. That's fun.

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Dont forget about the strike. Dont know if that played a part. For example was he a Fa in 95 and wanted too much money? And there was no hot stove season because of the strike so he could have been left without a chair when the music stopped. By the time 1996 rolls around it's been 18 months since hes been in the bigs and nobody cares about him anymore