Sign in to follow this  
JoeyBlueSkies

Thoughts on signing Mike Daniels and cutting Theo?

Hey fellas, new to Motown sports. Being a big Lions fan figured I would start a new thread! So what are your thoughts on adding Green Bay DT Mike Daniels and cutting RB Theo Riddick?

Welcome to the boards!

You can find our discussion of these moves near the bottom of this page: 

16 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Welcome to Motown Sports. Who do you like better Stafford or Conner Cook?

Straight into the fire?

Whoa...

PS: On Riddick, I'm only surprised that there wasn't some team that the Lions couldn't find that wanted him for a late round pick. He's quite useful in certain schemes, has been productive, and... not even a 6th or 7th? Hmmm....

Otherwise, all good. LOVE the Daniels depth signing...

No problem with it.  Theo made too much money for the role he played.   If he made appropriate money, he would not have been cut. 

On 7/30/2019 at 6:33 AM, JoeyBlueSkies said:

Hey fellas, new to Motown sports. Being a big Lions fan figured I would start a new thread! So what are your thoughts on adding Green Bay DT Mike Daniels and cutting RB Theo Riddick?

I thought it was excellent. Riddick can’t do much besides pass catch.  Didn’t really need him.  Daniels bolsters a deep DL that will allow the line to stay fresh and it’s only a 1 year deal. Quinn has a tremendous off season and the lions should be good this year.  

National analysts have picked the lions to be awful because they are the lions.  No analysis provided.  

On 7/30/2019 at 9:36 AM, holygoat said:

Welcome to the boards!

You can find our discussion of these moves near the bottom of this page: 

Just let him start a thread.  Buzzkill.

51 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Just let him start a thread.  Buzzkill.

You'll notice that this thread is still active. 

On 7/30/2019 at 9:59 AM, ben9753 said:

Welcome aboard!

Thank you Ben!

On 7/30/2019 at 12:39 PM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Welcome to Motown Sports. Who do you like better Stafford or Conner Cook?

Thanks Tater! Dan Orlovsky...😆

17 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

I thought it was excellent. Riddick can’t do much besides pass catch.  Didn’t really need him.  Daniels bolsters a deep DL that will allow the line to stay fresh and it’s only a 1 year deal. Quinn has a tremendous off season and the lions should be good this year.  

National analysts have picked the lions to be awful because they are the lions.  No analysis provided.  

Yeah I have to agree. Theo is great at what he does, but it was just too one dimensional. He really never was effective at all on the ground. Plus his production recently seems to have dwindled. And like you said, love the Mike Daniels pick up! Going to have a **** of a D line!

On 7/30/2019 at 12:58 PM, 84 Lives!!! said:

PS: On Riddick, I'm only surprised that there wasn't some team that the Lions couldn't find that wanted him for a late round pick. He's quite useful in certain schemes, has been productive, and... not even a 6th or 7th? Hmmm....

Otherwise, all good. LOVE the Daniels depth signing...

Yeah seems like Quinn could have gotten SOMETHING for him. But for other teams, it was probably a money issue. Like MC said, he was making too much for what he brought to the table. I’m just kinda surprised he hasn’t signed anywhere yet? Dude has talent, seems like somebody could use a skilled pass catching RB!?

On 7/31/2019 at 8:56 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

No problem with it.  Theo made too much money for the role he played.   If he made appropriate money, he would not have been cut. 

That was my thought too MC

I don't think the Lions could have gotten anything for Riddick. Teams knew he was going to be cut. It's the same logic with Daniels. You would think Green Bay would have gotten something for him.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:20 PM, JoeyBlueSkies said:

... Thanks Tater! JOEY HARRINGTON...! DUH!!!

FTFY.

11 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

FTFY.

The "JoeyBlueSkies" moniker and Harrington avi originally started as a joke on the Mlive comments section, but carried over to The Lions Den and now here. Figured I'd stick with it lol

56 minutes ago, JoeyBlueSkies said:

The "JoeyBlueSkies" moniker and Harrington avi originally started as a joke on the Mlive comments section, but carried over to The Lions Den and now here. Figured I'd stick with it lol

A sense of humor is IMPERATIVE on this board...!

As is a high degree of irreverence.

8 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

A sense of humor is IMPERATIVE on this board...!

As is a high degree of irreverence.

I see that 84! Already seems like a great place to be!

On 7/30/2019 at 5:33 AM, JoeyBlueSkies said:

A new board member. Welcome blueskies. Let's share criminal backgrounds

• Haha 1