IdahoBert

I’m coming to Detroit Aug. 2-5

5 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Dang it Bert, couldn't you have picked a better time? ;)

As much as I would love to hang out with my favorite Commie, prior commitments forbid it.

I know this isn’t an opportune time because lots of people are leaving. I missed seeing my cousins in North Montana for the same reason. 

4 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

I wish I had some time available Bert.  Dammit, sorry man.

Heck.  I really wanted to meet you too. 

7 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I know this isn’t an opportune time because lots of people are leaving.

Especially after hearing about the visiting riffraff in the area.

• Haha 1

For the longest time, I thought Nate Silver was qsilver from our board.

@qsilvr2531

I’m going cancel the Detroit leg of my cross country trip.

I should’ve rationally thought out the difficulty of trying to get with people at a time of the year when they’re characteristically gone. I should probably do this in the spring or the fall of next year. 

As it is I’ve been able to nail down another three days at Lake Tippecanoe relaxing, which is not something to feel too bad about.  

As it is, Indiana to Vermont to Maine and down the eastern seaboard to Florida and back to Idaho is still a pretty darn good trip.  And I will see the Tigers at Tropicana Field. Whee! 

Anyway thanks everyone for thinking about it. 

That’s an awful lot of driving miles Bert. Don’t push it. I got a rush of fatigue just reading your agenda.

It would be really good I think if there were a MTS gathering of sorts in Detroit next year for a game or two. Myself included, there are a fair representation of seniors on this board. I’d personally like to see CoPa before...well, you know. Maybe that could be discussed at some point. I’d very likely be up for it.

1 minute ago, 1776 said:

That’s an awful lot of driving miles Bert. Don’t push it. I got a rush of fatigue just reading your agenda.

It would be really good I think if there were a MTS gathering of sorts in Detroit next year for a game or two. Myself included, there are a fair representation of seniors on this board. I’d personally like to see CoPa before...well, you know. Maybe that could be discussed at some point. I’d very likely be up for it.

That sounds like a plan.  Be careful though, suggesting something like this. This place can end up being like a church. You suggest something and suddenly you’re in charge of it. 

35 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I should’ve rationally thought out the difficulty of trying to get with people at a time of the year when they’re characteristically gone. I should probably do this in the spring or the fall of next year. 

As it is I’ve been able to nail down another three days at Lake Tippecanoe relaxing, which is not something to feel too bad about.  

As it is, Indiana to Vermont to Maine and down the eastern seaboard to Florida and back to Idaho is still a pretty darn good trip.  And I will see the Tigers at Tropicana Field. Whee! 

Anyway thanks everyone for thinking about it. 

A few years back my eldest was laid off, single and up for an adventure....and we did something like this only in a compressed time frame.  MI - MA - GA - TX - CA - WA - MI - 19 days and about 8000 miles.   I didn't get in a car for 2 weeks after we got home....lol....One lap of America and my **** was wore out.

• Like 1

Oh boy, would I love to join up!  But Im going to be in Kzoo with the fam for the start of vacation.

Sorry Bert.  I was looking forward to trying to meet up with you. But do what works best for you.  This adventure you are on looks like a lot of fun 

14 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I hope my sudden departure to the Cayman Islands didn't influence your decision.

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I hope my sudden departure to the Cayman Islands didn't influence your decision.

I think it was when you said you didn't want to go to the Blue Oyster bar

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

can you do me a favor and like that post instead of agreeing?  

5 minutes ago, Oblong said:

+1

• Like 2

like Denny McLain grooving one for Mickey Mantle in his final Tiger Stadium AB

50 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Sure thing. I’ll get right on that. 

Crap, I screwed up and liked the posts from Biggs and G2 instead of yours. My bad. What’s done is done, though. 

Critics argue that Biggs is the Rod Carew of MTS. Racks up a lot of Likes, but they question whether his posts pack much power.