Jump to content

Keepleyland2

7/28 @4:10 Detroit Tigers at Seattle Mariners

Recommended Posts


They just made a big deal about how the home plate umpire was wearing a helmet under his face mask, honestly I thought that was something they always did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Charles Liston said:

Boyd through 6 innings on 87 pitches, 9 strikeouts.  I hope he makes it all the way through the 7th.

The old Emily waldon complete game shutout (seven innings).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pope Morosi says that the Mets are getting Stroman.  I think this is good news cause I don't think the Mets were even on people's radar in terms of buying starting pitching so we have one less SP to compete with while still having all the contenders left to deal with.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Pope Morosi says that the Mets are getting Stroman.  I think this is good news cause I don't think the Mets were even on people's radar in terms of buying starting pitching so we have one less SP to compete with while still having all the contenders left to deal with.  

I saw this too, add in Bauer's antics today, the Giants still in the race, along with 2 solid starts in a row for Boyd, and this is all great news for the Tigers.    Al can just wait to see what Hou/Atl/NYY/Mil/ etc offer for Boyd with the worst case being he remains a Tiger.  However, Al will find a way to screw this up.  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Pope Morosi says that the Mets are getting Stroman.  I think this is good news cause I don't think the Mets were even on people's radar in terms of buying starting pitching so we have one less SP to compete with while still having all the contenders left to deal with.  

Yes, but now they might flip Syndegard, who appears to be the most desirable pitcher on the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s so disheartening to realize that the team has to basically pitch a shutout to win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Yes, but now they might flip Syndegard, who appears to be the most desirable pitcher on the market.

 I think your right and the Indians will probably shop Bauer at this point also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the plus side, Boyd has a strong outing which, hopefully, teams who need starting pitching can dream on enough to cough up extra value in trade. 

That said, I expect Boyd to be a Tiger on Thursday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want them to tank but I also want them to win some games, this city is already known for having the worst NFL team ever, I don't want it to have the worst MLB team ever either.  I hope they atleast get to 45 wins, I think even at that total they would still comfortably get the 1st pick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, syrett4 said:

I saw this too, add in Bauer's antics today, the Giants still in the race, along with 2 solid starts in a row for Boyd, and this is all great news for the Tigers.    Al can just wait to see what Hou/Atl/NYY/Mil/ etc offer for Boyd with the worst case being he remains a Tiger.  However, Al will find a way to screw this up.  :)

but now syndegaard is on the market...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Buddha said:

but now syndegaard is on the market...

Which is fine.  The Mets will not deal with the Yankees and it is still a sellers market.   Will be interesting to see how the next few days unfold.  I'm perfectly ok with Boyd staying a Tiger too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I want them to tank but I also want them to win some games, this city is already known for having the worst NFL team ever, I don't want it to have the worst MLB team ever either.  I hope they atleast get to 45 wins, I think even at that total they would still comfortably get the 1st pick.  

hey, dont sell the 16-66 1979-80 detroit pistons short!  

and dont forget that they traded their #1 pick that year for bob mcadoo! see that?  al avila isnt so bad after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

hey, dont sell the 16-66 1979-80 detroit pistons short!  

and dont forget that they traded their #1 pick that year for bob mcadoo! see that?  al avila isnt so bad after all.

Don't forget the Celtics parlayed that number 1 pick into Kevin McHale and Robert Parish.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Don't forget the Celtics parlayed that number 1 pick into Kevin McHale and Robert Parish.  

Many of us have had to live through all those years of misery.   It hardens you for years like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope this is like the late 70s again, as we would be looking forward to an incredibly awesome decade like the 80s again. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

It’s so disheartening to realize that the team has to basically pitch a shutout to win. 

I hate being right but you don’t have to be Nostradamus to figure out what probably will happen.

I’m not gonna say this is heartbreaking because my hearts already broken. I can’t feel any worse about this stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,828
    • Total Posts
      2,953,118
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...