Keepleyland2

7/28 @4:10 Detroit Tigers at Seattle Mariners

They just made a big deal about how the home plate umpire was wearing a helmet under his face mask, honestly I thought that was something they always did.  

1 minute ago, Charles Liston said:

Boyd through 6 innings on 87 pitches, 9 strikeouts.  I hope he makes it all the way through the 7th.

The old Emily waldon complete game shutout (seven innings).

Pope Morosi says that the Mets are getting Stroman.  I think this is good news cause I don't think the Mets were even on people's radar in terms of buying starting pitching so we have one less SP to compete with while still having all the contenders left to deal with.  

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Pope Morosi says that the Mets are getting Stroman.  I think this is good news cause I don't think the Mets were even on people's radar in terms of buying starting pitching so we have one less SP to compete with while still having all the contenders left to deal with.  

I saw this too, add in Bauer's antics today, the Giants still in the race, along with 2 solid starts in a row for Boyd, and this is all great news for the Tigers.    Al can just wait to see what Hou/Atl/NYY/Mil/ etc offer for Boyd with the worst case being he remains a Tiger.  However, Al will find a way to screw this up.  :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yes, but now they might flip Syndegard, who appears to be the most desirable pitcher on the market.

It’s so disheartening to realize that the team has to basically pitch a shutout to win. 

4 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Yes, but now they might flip Syndegard, who appears to be the most desirable pitcher on the market.

I think your right and the Indians will probably shop Bauer at this point also.

On the plus side, Boyd has a strong outing which, hopefully, teams who need starting pitching can dream on enough to cough up extra value in trade. 

That said, I expect Boyd to be a Tiger on Thursday. 

I want them to tank but I also want them to win some games, this city is already known for having the worst NFL team ever, I don't want it to have the worst MLB team ever either.  I hope they atleast get to 45 wins, I think even at that total they would still comfortably get the 1st pick.  

1 hour ago, syrett4 said:

I saw this too, add in Bauer's antics today, the Giants still in the race, along with 2 solid starts in a row for Boyd, and this is all great news for the Tigers.    Al can just wait to see what Hou/Atl/NYY/Mil/ etc offer for Boyd with the worst case being he remains a Tiger.  However, Al will find a way to screw this up.  :)

but now syndegaard is on the market...

Just now, Buddha said:

but now syndegaard is on the market...

Which is fine.  The Mets will not deal with the Yankees and it is still a sellers market.   Will be interesting to see how the next few days unfold.  I'm perfectly ok with Boyd staying a Tiger too. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I want them to tank but I also want them to win some games, this city is already known for having the worst NFL team ever, I don't want it to have the worst MLB team ever either.  I hope they atleast get to 45 wins, I think even at that total they would still comfortably get the 1st pick.  

hey, dont sell the 16-66 1979-80 detroit pistons short!  

and dont forget that they traded their #1 pick that year for bob mcadoo! see that?  al avila isnt so bad after all.

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

hey, dont sell the 16-66 1979-80 detroit pistons short!  

and dont forget that they traded their #1 pick that year for bob mcadoo! see that?  al avila isnt so bad after all.

Don't forget the Celtics parlayed that number 1 pick into Kevin McHale and Robert Parish.  

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Don't forget the Celtics parlayed that number 1 pick into Kevin McHale and Robert Parish.  

Many of us have had to live through all those years of misery.   It hardens you for years like this.

I sure hope this is like the late 70s again, as we would be looking forward to an incredibly awesome decade like the 80s again. ?

4 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

It’s so disheartening to realize that the team has to basically pitch a shutout to win. 

I hate being right but you don’t have to be Nostradamus to figure out what probably will happen.

I’m not gonna say this is heartbreaking because my hearts already broken. I can’t feel any worse about this stuff.