Keepleyland2

7/28 @4:10 Detroit Tigers at Seattle Mariners

12 wins, 50 losses since May 12. Its almost the exact opposite of what the dodgers did last year.

This is really bad. What does the record project to be if this continues? 

Will they win even 45 games? 

Today is the day the turnaround begins.

You will be able to tell your grandchildren in were in *the* MTS gameday thread when it happened, and they will not believe you.

49 minutes ago, kdog said:

12 wins, 50 losses since May 12. Its almost the exact opposite of what the dodgers did last year.

This was on the game summary on Bless You Boys, I thought it was  very spot on. 

This offense is historically inept, and no cries of “rebuilding” excuse it. They give away multiple bases day after day, despite the mouth service to fundamental baseball by the coaches and organization generally. They play people out of position in deference to veterans who shouldn’t be in the major leagues anymore. It’s a clown show

There’s every possibility that they will either break or come so close to a record for futility that parsing it one where the other makes little difference.

It is exceedingly rare for any team to be fielded in such a manner that is merely there to be tossed into a meat grinder. I’m not going to blame players here that shouldn’t be here. If there’s anyone to blame it’s the people running this organization.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kj2018 said:

This offense is historically inept, and no cries of “rebuilding” excuse it. They give away multiple bases day after day, despite the mouth service to fundamental baseball by the coaches and organization generally. They play people out of position in deference to veterans who shouldn’t be in the major leagues anymore. It’s a clown show

Yeah we get it they are bad. 

But, what youngster that is any good is playing out of position because of a veteran? 

That article is junk. Mad that Goodrum isn't playing short instead of Mercer? Come on. Mad we haven't called up the youngsters in AAA to burn service time in a historically bad year? That's just stupid. 

1 hour ago, kj2018 said:

This is my biggest issue.  We have like 6 guys that they plug in at any given position on any day.  Now we are gonna start giving Jeimer reps at 1st.

Just let Niko be the every day SS, Castro the every day 2b, Dixon the every day 1b, dump Beckham and bring Reyes back up and he can be the backup OF until Nick is gone.  Stop moving them all over the field and making them have to take defensive reps at 5 different positions and maybe we can see them concentrate more on their hitting.

If Nick DHs for a day, theres like 4 different guys that could get slotted into RF....no wonder none of them are any good at it.

2 minutes ago, TallBaby said:

This is my biggest issue.  We have like 6 guys that they plug in at any given position on any day.  Now we are gonna start giving Jeimer reps at 1st.

Just let Niko be the every day SS, Castro the every day 2b, Dixon the every day 1b, dump Beckham and bring Reyes back up and he can be the backup OF until Nick is gone.  Stop moving them all over the field and making them have to take defensive reps at 5 different positions and maybe we can see them concentrate more on their hitting.

If Nick DHs for a day, theres like 4 different guys that could get slotted into RF....no wonder none of them are any good at it.

I don't think playing multiple positions is causing them not to hit (come on they all have IQs above 12). I just don't think they are very good. Cincannati put Dixon on waivers cause he's wasn't good. Niko never made it past Rochester because he wasn't good. Putting them in one spot isn't gonna magically make them into good hitters. 

Niko is not a good  shortstop. Either is Mercer, but they are not given anything up not playing Niko there more.

6 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I don't think playing multiple positions is causing them not to hit (come on they all have IQs above 12). I just don't think they are very good. Cincannati put Dixon on waivers cause he's wasn't good. Niko never made it past Rochester because he wasn't good. Putting them in one spot isn't gonna magically make them into good hitters. 

Im not saying doing that is going to make them good hitters or even decent overall players.  Im just saying that consistency matters.

1 minute ago, TallBaby said:

Im not saying doing that is going to make them good hitters or even decent overall players.  Im just saying that consistency matters.

Not for this group all its gonna prove is they are consistently bad...which we already know

Is anyone ready for a new hitting approach?   Of course this will require new leadership.......at least from the hitting coach's position.

The question is.......Would anyone else take the job?

Nick is scratched from the game due to "abdominal tightness", not sure if it's legit or if it's an excuse for a trade being in the works. 

Boyd with the rare 5 pitch inning that included a strikeout.  I imagine that doesn't happen very often.