Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

7/27 @4:10 Detroit Tigers at Seattle Mariners

20 minutes ago, TallBaby said:

Why does shep always feel like he has to tease an upcoming segment every time they go to commercial?

Look guy, if we all have made it this far into the season and havent given up, we arent going to change the channel to Teen Mom reruns now.....

especially since they took janelle off the show.  

38 minutes ago, 1776 said:

This team is a disgrace. I guess I should say the org is a disgrace. The org assembled this crap together.

It's the perfection of tanking.

9 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

They might actually have a shot at 120 losses.   

I think they are going to beat that.  It seems hard to believe that they can get worse but they are not in a “bad streak.“ They are truly bad.  And they will get worse by shedding key players.  True, they will get lucky on occasion and other teams will simply lose and they will bumble into winning.  But I can’t see anyway that things are going to get better and most likely they will get worse. 

Wonder if Gardy regrets taking the job? I have a gut feeling AA/Illitch will look to add a few better stop gap position players next year. I'm diehard but am to the point I'm fine missing games. If they're worse next year attendance and viewership will continue to nosedive. 

4 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

What we’re seeing now are the final moments of a slow-motion train wreck that’s been happening for years.

They tried to evade the Grim Reaper through trades and free agency, but finally death demands its due. 

The difference the last couple years is that they’ve told the engineers to bail and to let the train and its passengers careen over the cliff. 

The thing that bothers me is that getting better draft picks doesn’t change an organization that seems to have a hard time developing talent as well as other organizations. 

a prime example of that is Verlander. although he was very good in a tigers uniform, I'd argue he is a better pitcher with  the Astros than he was with  the Tigers.

I know Avila just signed his extension so you would think he is safe but I wonder if the Tigers end up breaking all the MLB records for futility this season if Ilitch will end up feeling like he has to fire him?   Right now I think most of the fans are lying dormant, they know the Tigers are bad so they're just not paying attention to them but I don't think they know they are historically bad.   

Once news of that starts making its waves and the fans that are just apathetic towards the team right now realize just how bad they are you might start to see more of a backlash towards the team in which case Chris may feel like he has to do something drastic.  

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I know Avila just signed his extension so you would think he is safe but I wonder if the Tigers end up breaking all the MLB records for futility this season if Ilitch will end up feeling like he has to fire him?   Right now I think most of the fans are lying dormant, they know the Tigers are bad so they're just not paying attention to them but I don't think they know they are historically bad.   

Once news of that starts making its waves and the fans that are just apathetic towards the team right now realize just how bad they are you might start to see more of a backlash towards the team in which case Chris may feel like he has to do something drastic.  

I guess he might do it to placate fans but that wouldn't work but for a moment.   It would seem stupid to me to fire someone for fielding a bad team - when the plan was to field a bad team.

7 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

I guess he might do it to placate fans but that wouldn't work but for a moment.   It would seem stupid to me to fire someone for fielding a bad team - when the plan was to field a bad team.

And therein lies the truth.