Keepleyland2

7/25 @10:10 Detroit Tigers at Seattle Mariners

The Cabrera myth continues. Gardy says that if Harold had been able to bunt the runners forward last night, Miggy or Nick would have driven them home. When's the last time Miggy drove somebody home, Ron. Stop insulting us. Oh, and by the way, get him out of the middle of the lineup.

Then we have Shep saying in that same inning that if first base is open, they'll walk Miggy. Wait. What? Is Shep that ignorant? Or is he forced to take the company line? At least Gardy didn't say that Miggy would get an intentional pass.

Price still speaks of Miggy as if he's still good. Do these guys even peak at stats?

7 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Drew VerHagen vs TBD

If a team plays late and nobody is watching, does it really lose?

Seattle is still searching for a martyr for tonight, eh?

Will Cabrera need tonight's game off due to travel fatigue?

8 hours ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

The Cabrera myth continues. Gardy says that if Harold had been able to bunt the runners forward last night, Miggy or Nick would have driven them home. When's the last time Miggy drove somebody home, Ron. Stop insulting us. Oh, and by the way, get him out of the middle of the lineup.

Then we have Shep saying in that same inning that if first base is open, they'll walk Miggy. Wait. What? Is Shep that ignorant? Or is he forced to take the company line? At least Gardy didn't say that Miggy would get an intentional pass.

Price still speaks of Miggy as if he's still good. Do these guys even peak at stats?

It would be worse if Rod was still here, I guarantee he would still be describing him as "one of the best hitters on the planet".   

Tigers signed former prospect Jake Thompson to a minor league deal and assigned him to Lakeland.

I remember reading (Probably in TSN) that McCormack had a disagreement with Mark Fidrych.  At the time, I was thinking that anybody that has a problem with Fidrych must have problems of his own.  

• Like 1

I was holding out hope that it would be TBD vs. TBD in the pitching matchup but Ver Hagen gets the nod.

Seattle has scored 165 more runs than the Tigers this season.  That is a bit deceptive because somehow Seattle has managed to play eight more games than the Tigers by this point. But that is still 4.92 against 3.63 per game.  Seattle does however allow 5.95 runs  per game while the Tigers allow 5.65. 

The Tigers tend to lose by two runs on average, and the Mariners by one run. My brain hurts thinking about it but I think this still means we’re going to lose badly. 

Troy Tulowitzki just retired. Why can't Cabby and Zim do that? Yeah, yeah. I know they'd be walking away from more money. I know that.  But the honorable thing for each of them would be to step away from the game. Don Drysdale did that as well.

Do you think Cabby records the game and goes home and watches it and hears Shep say how good he is and believes it? That must be it...

3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Seattle has scored 165 more runs than the Tigers this season.  That is a bit deceptive because somehow Seattle has managed to play eight more games than the Tigers by this point. But that is still 4.92 against 3.63 per game.  Seattle does however allow 5.95 runs  per game while the Tigers allow 5.65. 

The Tigers tend to lose by two runs on average, and the Mariners by one run. My brain hurts thinking about it but I think this still means we’re going to lose badly. 

Haven't Seattle, like begun their rebuilt this year. I saw earlier they gave away a few starters but since then haven't kept up, because, well, they're Seattle.

On my cross country trip I’m in Cody, Wyoming tonight.  I was thinking this might be Mariners territory and I could watch this game at the hotel but it’s Rockies territory.  Thank God. 

2 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

On my cross country trip I’m in Cody, Wyoming tonight.  I was thinking this might be Mariners territory and I could watch this game at the hotel but it’s Rockies territory.  Thank God. 

are you staying at the "Irma"?

24 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

are you staying at the "Irma"?

No but I understand they were having their nightly gun fight.  I’m too beat to go out.   I drove through Yellowstone at 6 AM this morning to get to Cody. Saw the usual bison  and elk, but saw my first black bear down a dirt access road. 

Both myself and the driver of the another car were smart enough not to get out of our cars and walk up to take pictures. I was proud of both of us.  

I took only one picture today: at 6:13 AM of my car parked by the side of the road with steam venting out of a crack. I was almost the only person on the road at that time of morning when I drove through the park. There wasn’t even a Ranger staffing the gate at the West Entrance so I just drove through. I have one of those senior free for life passes so it’s not like I stole anything : 

ED6A6505-0058-4B0E-9217-25F861C0C152.thumb.jpeg.0ee23deb816546783f6094f50be8cb9a.jpeg

I just realized I’m going to be in Kansas City Saturday night with nothing to do before I hang out with a friend Sunday and Monday. The Royals will be playing the Indians. Sounds like a plan. 

That has to be a joke.  Although stupid people usually are too dumb to realize they’re saying dumb stuff.  That’s hilarious.