Keepleyland2

7/23 @7:10 Philadelphia Phillies vs Detroit Tigers

I am still outraged that Jim Bunning is in the hall of fame as a Phillie despite having more wins as a Tiger.

22 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I am still outraged that Jim Bunning is in the hall of fame as a Phillie despite having more wins as a Tiger.

Agreed!!  Politicians, meh.

image.thumb.png.c26641f7d4d48da532cf40e8002bb9a2.png

Gardenhire is ready to go.  Kapler is still consulting his magic 8 ball.

Hear ye, hear ye.....

According to MLB.com, this is the free game of the day.

7 hours ago, Casimir said:

If you ask nicely and slip the right people a few bucks, the Hall of Fame will admit -- off the record -- that he also played for the Tigers.

Ron Gardenhire does not think Comerica Park is a "joke."

When he managed the Twins, his players liked to play here. "We hit singles and then ran like **** and turned 'em into doubles."

I’ve never cared about Jim Bunning one way or the other. Even though I was conscious of the team when he was on the Tigers, I didn’t start listening to Ernie devotedly until 1964 when I was 12 anyway and by then Bunning was gone. 

10 minutes ago, kdog said:

Ron Gardenhire does not think Comerica Park is a "joke."

When he managed the Twins, his players liked to play here. "We hit singles and then ran like **** and turned 'em into doubles."

JHC even defending CoPa Gardy screws it up with his 1980s BS

B6A6E647-7AD2-4C6D-ADB2-0E09446DF0C6.thumb.jpeg.5cb96c7ee7065f029a90d02c3af0cf2d.jpeg

This is a pretty bold test-run promotion tomorrow to get people in the stands. But how can you bicker with $1 cups of no-limit malt-based fruit-flavored wine-like beverages?  What could go wrong? It’s not like this is Cleveland or something. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boone's Farm...I remember the ads but I don't know if it was ever sold in Canada.  We didn't have an apple wine as far as I recall, but we did have Old Sailor which was a domestic port wine that was guaranteed to make you crazy drunk, and then vomit.

Ah yes, Boone’s Farm Strawberry Hill. Bringing the memories back from yesteryear. I spent a fair amount of evenings with that and TJ Swan’s Mellow Days. Nothing but the best I used to say.

Boone's Farm is one of those unintentional aversion-therapy experiences I had when I was 19 that have made it nearly impossible for me to consume alcohol to any great extent for nearly 50 years.  

The next day and horribly hung over I went to see the film “Five Easy Pieces” and hated it.  I don’t know if it was a bad movie, if it was over my head and I was too unsophisticated to enjoy it, or having a terrible hangover was the problem. 

14 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Boone's Farm...I remember the ads but I don't know if it was ever sold in Canada.  We didn't have an apple wine as far as I recall, but we did have Old Sailor which was a domestic port wine that was guaranteed to make you crazy drunk, and then vomit.

I am sure Canada had its equivalent that was just as fine as this one. That’s not something that’s too hard to accomplish. 

16 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Used to date a young lady in high school that always requested a bottle of "Tickle Pink" be purchased on weekend nights.  That stuff was awful - but who was I to say no?

2 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I'm hoping the Phillies try some Boone's Farm.

I remember when Brett Boone went Ofer in home run derby. He may have had a swing and a miss even. I'm not sure.