Sign in to follow this  
RedRamage

Writer predicts NFL worst record for Lions

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

We're talking about the Lions, my friend.............

youre not talking william clay ford, my friend.

15 minutes ago, Buddha said:

youre not talking william clay ford, my friend.

They'll tell Marth Vader they need another year to round their system into shape and to finish building the roster with THEIR people..........and it will work. 

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

They'll tell Marth Vader they need another year to round their system into shape and to finish building the roster with THEIR people..........and it will work. 

Quinn was extended through 2022. That's how long they'll wait. This IS the Lions

The Lions have the 3rd best defense in their division, behind Minnesota and Chicago. And take a good look at the Lions schedule. Maybe 5 wins, maybe 3 wins. Anything over that would be amazing.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:13 PM, jb84 said:

Not a big believer in the culture thing. Good teams have good players and coaches that win. But, hope they can find something that can lead to post season play

I think there's something to be said about culture of a team.  Of course it's only *part* of the picture, but I think it is a real part.  I've worked in situations where various employees/departments were adversarial towards each other.  In these situations work suffers for everyone.  People worry a lot more about whats going on with others and if they make a mistake how the "enemy" will react to it.

Again, is part of the picture.  A very talented team with a bad culture will still likely win over a very untalented team with a great culture.  But more evenly matched talent teams will swing towards the one with the better culture.

On 8/10/2019 at 6:44 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

It may work.  We really don't know how Martha will deal with this vs. WCF.  She may be willing to extend them another year, she may not... we don't know.

Generally speaking I would want to give a coach, especially a rookie coach, time to get things in order.  I would generally want to give the coach at least three years.  BUT... this is a little different situation because Quinn has been here for a longer period now and Patricia was his personal pick.  Given this its hard to separate the two.  

So if the Lions regress again... if they do worse than last year, then I would look at replacing Quinn and Patricia even though it would only be Patricia's 2nd year.

Will Martha?  I don't know.
Would WCF? No... he would give them another year for sure... and the Lions would probably improve over this year, which would make WCF extend them another 5 years thinking they are on the up-swing.

12 hours ago, RedRamage said:

I think there's something to be said about culture of a team.  Of course it's only *part* of the picture, but I think it is a real part.  I've worked in situations where various employees/departments were adversarial towards each other.  In these situations work suffers for everyone.  People worry a lot more about whats going on with others and if they make a mistake how the "enemy" will react to it.

Again, is part of the picture.  A very talented team with a bad culture will still likely win over a very untalented team with a great culture.  But more evenly matched talent teams will swing towards the one with the better culture.

Chicken or egg thing. Good teams win and develop a culture/swagger. 

8 hours ago, jb84 said:

Chicken or egg thing. Good teams win and develop a culture/swagger. 

In part, yes.  The other cliche is that winning cures everything and there's true to that.  Like a lot of things in life it isn't black and white.  A team that has some culture issues can still win and that winning can mask the culture issues.  But mediocre team with a great locker room can also mask some talent issues.