Keepleyland2

7/21 @1:10 Toronto Blue Jays vs Detroit Tigers

1 minute ago, Shelton said:

Really looking forward to the day he is no longer a tiger. 

I was just thinking maybe this deal with the Cubs can get done tonight.  He has been "my Tiger" for quite a few years now, but it's clear the two sides are parting ways.   Get a deal done and bring up Reyes for the road trip and move on to focus on trading Greene and Boyd.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

I am a Castellanos supporter, but he's making it more difficult with all the whining.   Now, he's complaining about Comerica Park,  

especially since the numbers are there for anyone to see that the park is close enough to neutral that is no factual argument possible about it. I guess they all read Lynn Henning but not the park factor pages.

4 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Today was a bad day for tankers and Castellanos haters.  

I am not defending the tank at all, but I can see where someone committed to the idea of the tank would see this win as a disappointment. On the one hand, if the Tigers front office are committing to being the worst team in baseball to get the #1 pick, in the hopes of drafting a world champion, it’s defensible as a fan who supports that strategy to rue the win.

On the other hand, I don’t know how any Tigers fan can root for the Tigers, in the moment during a game, to do poorly and lose. That’s heartless. 

• Like 1

as long as you are rewarded for losing it makes sense to root against them on a certain level.

if this were college football or soccer it would be different.  but in MLB, nfl, nba, and nhl, you get a reward for being the worst.

and lets not fool ourselves, this team is going to lose whether we want them to or not.

4 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Disagree, respectfully of course. You don’t need to cheer against this team—they will lose their fair share anyways.  Nice to see a win—now we want to avoid any futility records.

Spot on.

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

Really looking forward to the day he is no longer a tiger. 

Really?  I think he had turned into the only leader on the team and he is by far their best hitter. 

I used to be his biggest basher, but I have appreciated his game the past few years. 

Just me. I still hope they can get something of value for him 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kj2018 said:

Really? 

Yes, really.

The guy has a 0.822 OPS and can't field.  0.822 is nice, but it isn't close to elite. 

Has whined about not wanting to change positions, now whining about Comerica Park, but supposedly is a leader?

Taking it all in, he is the best of a bad lot.  On a good team, he'd be a solid contributor that would be more or less an afterthought.