Keepleyland2

7/21 @1:10 Toronto Blue Jays vs Detroit Tigers

It’s disappointing.  Greene has been almost perfect but you can’t be perfect all the time.

This season is like starting out on the Oregon Trail with 162 families and you’ve already lost 65 of them along the way — a lot of them due to Indian attacks — and another family just fell into Bluejay Ravine. And you’re trying like heck to pull them out. 

18 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Yeah, because teams looking for a closer judge a pitcher on one outing. No matter what he's done all season.

Fine with me if it means Castellanos brings back a top prospect thanks to his walkoff today.

20 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

Shane Greene just lost whatever trade value he might have had, but maybe we can get something for Tyler Alexander.

He just wanted to add a win to his stat line.

Thank God. The Spanish guy saved the McGillicuddy‘s from certain doom by pulling them out of Bluejay Ravine. 

4 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Fine with me if it means Castellanos brings back a top prospect thanks to his walkoff today.

It won't.  Castellanos is still a 2 month rental and Greene is still an elite closer under team control for next season. General Managers around MLB don't have the same knee jerk reaction as some poster on a message board. Teams looking for a closer,  or set up man, would love to have Greene. Nick will be a harder sell, he's a liability in RF and he's going to be a FA at season end.

Maybe we can get some better magic beans for Castellanos than Dwight Schrute got on The Office. 

19 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Casty walks it off!!

"Clutch" Castellanos Causes Cats to Collect Colossally from Cubs!

8 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

It won't.  Castellanos is still a 2 month rental and Greene is still an elite closer under team control for next season. General Managers around MLB don't have the same knee jerk reaction as some poster on a message board. Teams looking for a closer,  or set up man, would love to have Greene. Nick will be a harder sell, he's a liability in RF and he's going to be a FA at season end.

But we'll still be able to get another 17 year old, 140 pound shortstop.

13 minutes ago, ktpinnacle said:

But we'll still be able to get another 17 year old, 140 pound shortstop.

I'm not sure about that. Maybe if we pay his contract for the test of the season.  I guess we'll see, but, imo, we won't get many offers for Nick.

23 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Today was a bad day for tankers and Castellanos haters.  

Disagree, respectfully of course. You don’t need to cheer against this team—they will lose their fair share anyways.  Nice to see a win—now we want to avoid any futility records.

And I don’t believe there are any Nick haters here.  Just folks who have called out his limitations, which today’s HR didn’t fix.  Nice to see him get the first walk-off hit in his MLB career—I was surprised he hadn’t hit one yet, because I think he’s a good clutch hitter.

Was a good day.

24 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Disagree, respectfully of course. You don’t need to cheer against this team—they will lose their fair share anyways.  Nice to see a win—now we want to avoid any futility records.

And I don’t believe there are any Nick haters here.  Just folks who have called out his limitations, which today’s HR didn’t fix.  Nice to see him get the first walk-off hit in his MLB career—I was surprised he hadn’t hit one yet, because I think he’s a good clutch hitter.

Was a good day.

I didn't say it wasn't a good day.  I said it was a bad day for Tankers and Nick Castellanos haters!

5 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Still, would have liked to see if  Nick going to 1st could have worked out.

Myself as well. I believe wherever Nick ends up he’ll do well. He’s had a good year in Detroit considering all the noise surrounding his contract status. 

13 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I didn't say it wasn't a good day.  I said it was a bad day for Tankers and Nick Castellanos haters!

And I disagreed, but not effectively I guess.

Tigers might not like the “park is a joke” quote.

Miggy won a couple of HR crowns playing half his games here.

1 minute ago, Tenacious D said:

And I disagreed, but not effectively I guess.

What part did you disagree with? ?

I am a Castellanos supporter, but he's making it more difficult with all the whining.   Now, he's complaining about Comerica Park,  

Sounds to me that Boras has already schooled him on the talking points for the upcoming free agency. "Just think what Nick will do in YOUR ballpark !!"

• Like 1