84 Lives!!!

2020 MLB Draft

before cora came, mookie betta had an 806 ops.  the year they were cheating with cora, he had a 1.078 ops.

the year they were being investigated he went back down to 915.  coincidence?

4 hours ago, Shelton said:

I think if there is another mechanism that allowed a team to see the catcher’s signs and signal to the batter quickly enough for the batter to receive the signal prior to the pitch being thrown, that would be just as bad. 

Is it feasible for a guy with binoculars in center field to perceive the catcher’s sign and signal the batter? I guess it’s possible. 

On the other hand, if you have a guy watching the game on tv and decoding the signals when you have a runner on second, and then later in the game your runner on second is signaling the pitch based on what he is seeing, that doesn’t seem problematic to me. It’s easily addressed by the pitcher and catcher changing the signs. 

Long story short, signaling from the dugout or the stands what the pitch is going to be isn’t ok. A player on the field signaling based on what he is seeing is fine. 

At least that is how I see it. 

What is the story with the Apple Watch procedure. Was it a guy watching the broadcast and sending a text to the watch, and person wearing the watch would whistle or something (similar to the bang on the trash can)? That also isn’t ok, but seems a bit harder to pull off given the delay and the use of a middle man between the observer and the batter. 

https://www.vintagedetroit.com/blog/2014/10/07/sign-stealing-helped-tigers-win-1940-pennant/

take hank greenberg out of the hall of fame!!!!!!   he cheated!!!!  take down the 1940 pennant!!!!!

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

take hank greenberg out of the hall of fame!!!!!!   he cheated!!!!  take down the 1940 pennant!!!!!

What is seriously wrong with you?

Just now, cruzer1 said:

What is seriously wrong with you?

i dont know, its this weird thing i have where i cant tell that people are joking in posts.  i fear it might be contagious, but im not sure.

Lou Whitaker said he didn’t try to figure out what was coming.  He just wanted to see the ball and hit it. 

13 hours ago, Buddha said:

i dont know, its this weird thing i have where i cant tell that people are joking in posts.  i fear it might be contagious, but im not sure.

You're not funny.

16 hours ago, Buddha said:

before cora came, mookie betta had an 806 ops.  the year they were cheating with cora, he had a 1.078 ops.

The strikeout rate of George Springer stuck out to me.

16 hours ago, Buddha said:

Players do this all the time. Why would one player benefit so greatly and not others? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Players do this all the time. Why would one player benefit so greatly and not others? 

i dont know.

im in boston and they were talking about it on the radio.  i guess we'll find out more this year.

12 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of moving Bryant Packard to 1st base full time, and let him just rake.  I think he can handle it.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/bryant-packard/sa3010590/stats?position=OF

yeah, strikes me as a Billy Butler-type of hitter (before he started to suck).

19 hours ago, Microline133 said:

Think closer to Ryan Strieby.

Brutal, lol.

On 1/22/2020 at 8:19 AM, apabruce said:

JNY7CMq4_x96.jpg

With Ozuna signing, barring any trades of picks or sign stealing fallout, the draft order is set. Tigers pick 1, 38, 63, 75, 103, 133, 162 and every 30 after.
4:23 AM · Jan 22, 2020·Twitter Web App

Should load up our system pretty good. If we don't screw it up.

9 hours ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Should load up our system pretty good. If we don't screw it up.

You new here?

• Haha 3

I watched this guy throwing a bit yesterday, and hear he can reach 95 (or even higher) as a HS Junior.  I wonder how common that is.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=685430

While not in this year's draft, I imagine he get some attention next year.  If he chooses college, he has already made arrangements with Vanderbilt.

On 2/3/2020 at 9:58 AM, diaspora04 said:

I watched this guy throwing a bit yesterday, and hear he can reach 95 (or even higher) as a HS Junior.  I wonder how common that is.

While not in this year's draft, I imagine he get some attention next year.  If he chooses college, he has already made arrangements with Vanderbilt.

That stat about doobies smoked per day has me cautious. Or perhaps intrigued. And a little bit hungry

Since weed is now legal in Michigan...I'm going to look into getting hooked up with a Taco Bell franchise

On 2/3/2020 at 10:58 AM, diaspora04 said:

Kumar Rocker

5 hours ago, Lei Pong said:

Since weed is now legal in Michigan...I'm going to look into getting hooked up with a Taco Bell franchise