Deleterious

2019 Michigan Football

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Wow, Ronnie Bell didn't drop one...................and it was a bad throw by Patterson. 

He had no choice but to throw it behind him.   I thought that was a great throw and read. 

I think Nordin is pretty much done as a kicker. He has the talent but mentally he’s not quite there. 

Let me hate Patterson, okay?  

By the way,  why will you see Nordin again later in the game or season?   Because Jim stayed the night at his house, and Jim must always save face.  Always. 

12 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Is it too soon to ask about firing Harbaugh? *Asking for a friend.

Not after those back to back pathetic 4th down sequences.

I don't think I have ever seen somebody line up offsides like that before.  He was literally facing straight down the line of scrimmage yet still lined up wrong. 

LOL! I went out for ride, got back - turned the set back on to see Patterson miss three straight open receivers and almost blow the overtime. I guess I need to roll back the VCR and see why McCaffery was on the bench.....

Rather than Harbaugh being a QB whisperer, it seems more like guys come here to turn into pumpkins. 

Michigan had no business winning that game. They will get shredded next week against Wisconsin. 

TBF Patterson made some better passes in the 2nd half, but I'm still pretty skeptical he is the leader that is going to take them anywhere, and his running is just a shadow of what it used to be, so his threat level there is not what it was either.

Brown's D did adjust well enough in the 2nd half. 

I did like the quick slant passes, that has to be the toughest play in football to defend and I like to see M running it regularly.

Still a totally underwhelming performance for M.

59 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Michigan had no business winning that game. They will get shredded next week against Wisconsin. 

If a team is favored by 23 points and it takes a double overtime to win by 3, is it really a win? Play this way in the Big Ten season and they'll be lucky to win 5 games. Just a disgusting performance today. 

1 hour ago, lordstanley said:

Could Maryland blow out Michigan?

Could insert team name blow Michigan out?

I can't wait to listen to 97.1 on Monday morning, it's going to be delicious listening for everyone call for Dylan McCaffery to take over as starting QB. Only took a whole game into the regular season to fire that train up.

2 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

If a team is favored by 23 points ..

that UM has been favored by 30 and then 20 probably says more about people drinking maize and blue cool-aide than a realistic evaluation of the team and its opposition in either game. The offense does need to get better in a hurry though -- still no rhythm or flow. On every drive you just expect the two or three consecutive breakdowns that will end it.

I was driving to work when they had a 4th down on the 19 in the 4th quarter in a low scoring game and instead of taking the points, like he should, Jim had to show how big his balls were.   That's why he's a bad coach.  He knows better than everybody, doesn't he? 

I'm one of the rare people that think this game last week wasn't that big a deal. Army went 11-2 last year, and took Oklahoma to OT. 

Michigan made A LOT of mistakes, but this wasn't a push over team. This team could very easily be a top 25 team by seasons end. As a matter of fact, I would bet that they win 10-11 games again this year.

It's a PERFECT week for a bye. They can regroup, and get ready for Wisconsin. The season really starts at Wisconsin in two weeks. We will know whether Michigan is a contender, or whether it will be another disappointing seasons under Harbaugh. 

12 hours ago, belcherboy said:

I'm one of the rare people that think this game last week wasn't that big a deal. Army went 11-2 last year, and took Oklahoma to OT. 

Michigan made A LOT of mistakes, but this wasn't a push over team. This team could very easily be a top 25 team by seasons end. As a matter of fact, I would bet that they win 10-11 games again this year.

It's a PERFECT week for a bye. They can regroup, and get ready for Wisconsin. The season really starts at Wisconsin in two weeks. We will know whether Michigan is a contender, or whether it will be another disappointing seasons under Harbaugh. 

I largely agree. Take the FG instead of the 4th down try, and Patterson take care of the ball, and this was a hard but solid win. So team wise I am not that concerned, but I am concerned that Patterson may not be "the guy". He has to increase his third eye sense for pressure, throw more accurately, and run better than he has so far and hold onto the damn ball if this team is going to go anywhere with him at QB. Shea had a great non-conference run last season but really hasn't shown me much to convince me he is going to take them anywhere since then.

EDIT: so now it is official - Patterson suffered an oblique injury early in the 1st game. We have a coach who claims he has a capable 2nd string QB that he can't wait to find a way to get into the game, but he plays an injured starter almost every down for two weeks. Hmm......

On 9/10/2019 at 6:13 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Yeah, I am more concerned McCaffery is a viewed as a option they don't want to turn to unless necessary.

Hard to see that.   Based on Harbaughs handling of the offense the past 4 plus years it’s more likely harbaugh is just sticking with the incumbent because it’s what he knows.  Patterson has decent college tape prior to Michigan.  Patterson has tape at Michigan (not good tape).  Dylan doesn’t have either.  

What it comes down to is a conservative coach and game manager who is more interested in the nostalgia of what Michigan was rather than being innovative and moving the program into the modern era.  

Whats frustrating is that Harbaugh is very close to being defined as a limiting factor. Certainly will never ruin your program, and will likely make any team competitive, but is too stubborn to be dynamic.  

5 years into the Harbaugh era, still doesn’t have a qb he recruited.  

LOL - a lot of silence going into this one! It appears most of the world has written UM off at this point, which is fair enough. If one wants to look for hope, it would be that M's two opponents this season won 19 games last season and Wisky's won 7.  Other than that there is not much in M's performances to hang your hat on. 

Anymore I only follow M football enough to hold up my end of conversations that come up with students (xD) but for some reason this team seems a little more interesting to me than usual so my rooting interest is a also little higher season. GO BLUE!

gotta be honest here.  not expecting a win and expecting it to be because of bland, predictable playcalling on offense and a coaching mistake or two by Harbaugh.     I've really soured on the whole thing.    After 15 years with no Big Ten titles and no visits to Indy, this program is still FAR too arrogant for it's own good.  They still think being Michigan is enough to win.   It's not.  

Harbaugh is coaching some bad football right now.  Teams don’t need to pass against Michigan. Just run and Michigan can’t stop anyone.