Deleterious

2019 Michigan Football

I guess that means no more press conferences with Dr. Anderson’s victims present. 

5 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

The URL naming convention used in that link is quite misleading. 

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Did he have to dial the 800 number?

can you imagine being the investigator when the call comes through? Probably a hundred red flags going up in his head over all ways the call could be inappropriate and then that.

8 minutes ago, Shelton said:

The URL naming convention used in that link is quite misleading. 

I hadn't noticed the byline. Has the paper's lead Op-Ed writer now been pressed into doing straight journalism to earn his keep? Would be good to see since the value of Finley's opinions to anyone is about zero. :wink: 

JT was very, very average in his year as a starter In 2018.  His size and arm strength are not special.  There were probably 10 QB’s in his recruiting class that were better in both.  He earned 5* status mainly from his smart decision making and pinpoint accuracy and being the 4 year starting QB at one of America’s most elite HS programs.   The accuracy and the decision making proved questionable when he got on the field for a undermanned USC team.  At this point, I have no idea what he’s capable of becoming.   He could still develop into a stud but he was viewed by USC fans as a poor man’s Matt Barkley, who while effective never lived up to his elite recruiting ranking.  

Not that I watched a ton of USC football, but I did catch a few games, and don't recall Daniels being anything but average to slightly above average for a college Qb at a big time program. Not that my eyeball test means a thing. I can't imagine Daniels would be a significant upgrade over either Milton or McCaffery. If he is, then that brings into serious question once again Harbaugh's ability at player development.

He definitely made some impressive throws that you wouldn’t normally see from a true Freshman.  He then made a bunch of really dumb Freshman decisions too.  I really wasn’t down on JT after 2018 and it was only after seeing Kedan Slovis come in last year under the same circumstances and perform at a superstar level that I thought maybe there was more to Daniels struggles than just being a Freshman.   

3 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

USC QB JT Daniels Enters Transfer Portal, Is Interested In Michigan

FFS, if Harbaugh brings in Daniels and he starts over McCaffery or Milton, heads are going to explode.

he can come if he wants to come, but michigan has some decent qb recruits in the pipeline.

that said, i expect whomever loses the starting qb job next season (whenever next season starts) will transfer, and then they'll need another qb again.

its funny to talk about all this like there's going to be a college football season next year.

michigan: 3 massachusetts recruits.  2 3*s and a 4 *.

ohio state: 3 5 *s.

hmmmmm....i wonder who is going to win in november?

If Harbaugh can’t make something out of the unique talents of either McCaffrey or Milton then maybe he’s not really the QB whisperer that people make him out to be.   

31 minutes ago, Buddha said:

he can come if he wants to come, but michigan has some decent qb recruits in the pipeline.

that said, i expect whomever loses the starting qb job next season (whenever next season starts) will transfer, and then they'll need another qb again.

its funny to talk about all this like there's going to be a college football season next year.

Yeah, it does seem pretty unlikely at this point. I think it would be interesting to see if they try to play football in the winter/spring instead. Could they make a March-June season work?

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

If Harbaugh can’t make something out of the unique talents of either McCaffrey or Milton then maybe he’s not really the QB whisperer that people make him out to be.   

I don’t think anyone is making him out to be a QB whisperer anymore. 

25 minutes ago, Shelton said:

nope.

ive often wondered if harbaugh is the kind of coach who is a quick fixer, but not a long term builder?  he came to michigan like a house on fire and overachieved his first season, was great and incredibly unlucky in year two, and then has been average at best since then.  the recruiting has been up and down, but not up enough to keep michigan elite.  

i wonder if harbaugh just doesnt have the attention span or energy to keep it up at the highest level forever? 

combine that with the bcs doing to college football what the champions league has done to soccer (create haves and have nots based on entry in the competition because the best players only want to go to places with chances to play in bcs games) and those six inches jt barrett got in 2016 have really resulted in a six mile gulf between michigan and ohio state.

theyre never going to catch ohio state if they keep recruiting at this rate.

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

No, in fact it was pretty apparent that with Patterson, the QB position might have been the single biggest limit on the team's performance. The inconsistency of his throwing made sustained offense impossible. What most depressed me however, was that it's hard to fathom how Wilton or McCaffrey could be very good either if neither could beat Patterson out of the job last season. 

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

No, in fact it was pretty apparent that with Patterson, the QB position might have been the single biggest limit on the team's performance. The inconsistency of his throwing made sustained offense impossible. What most depressed me however, was that it's hard to fathom how Wilton or McCaffrey could be very good either if neither could beat Patterson out of the job last season. 

I don’t know about putting too much stock into that last point. Lots of factors involved there. 

Patterson really wasn’t bad enough last year for long enough periods to lose the job.  He played below the super high expectations and certainly had some low moments but he wasn’t terrible.  

ohio state has three starters go in the first round and michigan has three starters go in the 6th round.

33 minutes ago, Buddha said:

ohio state has three starters go in the first round and michigan has three starters go in the 6th round.

Maybe the whole idea with the admin bringing back a home grown like Harbaugh was to ease the program's transition into genteel mediocrity.     🤔