Deleterious

2019 Michigan Football

If I had to choose between Collins or People-Jones to stay or go I would want Collins to stay. 

From what I can gather DJP will be lucky to even be a 2nd day pick, he better put on some impressive pre draft workouts.  

17 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

From what I can gather DJP will be lucky to even be a 2nd day pick, he better put on some impressive pre draft workouts.  

The Draft Network sees him a third-round pick, with some analysts apparently thinking that he could go in the second.

If he could count on Michigan having a quarterback who can make him look good, that might be an incentive to stay for another year.  But he can't, given that whoever is under center next year will be someone who couldn't beat out Shea Patterson for the job.

By the way, TDN says that early on (I assume when he came out of high school), Patterson was projected as a possible first-rounder, and now they have him going undrafted.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:39 AM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Laughable and sad to know Purdue has had more success than Michigan against OSU. Jeff Brohm has more wins versus OSU since taking over Perdue than Harbaugh does since taking over Michigan. 

Another stat worth noting is that if Harbaugh coached as many years at Michigan as his idol Bo Schembechler he would be on pace to be 0-21 against Ohio State.

since 2000 michigan is 9-3 against purdue.

michigan has finished in the top 20 13 times.  purdue has finished in the top 20 2 times.

if only michigan could be as good as purdue.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 6:52 PM, RandyMarsh said:

he'll put on a great work out and probably be a second round pick.

On 1/3/2020 at 10:10 AM, Shelton said:

Nothing wrong with being frustrated with the results. 

It’s anyone guess why the backup QB did not overtake the starting QB. It could be as simple as they didn’t look as good in practice. Maybe they looked comparable but they deferred to experience as a tiebreaker. Maybe they were close to making a change but Patterson played well during that stretch and they decided to stay with him. Maybe it’s really difficult to go up against OSU and Bama.

The Harbaugh-Patterson marriage obviously didn’t go according to plan. Maybe some of the blame falls on Gattis, especially early in the year. 

I think we will know much more after next year. You’ve got two guys in Milton and McCaffrey that have been being developed. If they can’t produce a good QB next year, that’s a problem. 

such a sensible take.  peak shelton.  

5 hours ago, Buddha said:

such a sensible take.  peak shelton.  

This means a lot coming from you. 

7 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I look forward to the obscure special teams joke from Hongbit.

I will reserve comment until the 2020 Michigan Football Thread.   

Luke Fickell turned down Michigan State this morning for their head coaching job. Good news for Harbaugh if he stays at Michigan because Fickell seems like a good enough coach for Harbaugh to lose too. Also good news for the program if they decide to fire Harbaugh after Ohio State runs him off the field 172-3 next year because it gives us one more coach to choose from.

30 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Luke Fickell turned down Michigan State this morning

you could see that coming.

Dantonio and MSU had little choice but to portray his leaving as some kind of natural organic event, but I doubt if coaching candidates looking in from outside saw it that way.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Luke Fickell turned down Michigan State this morning for their head coaching job. Good news for Harbaugh if he stays at Michigan because Fickell seems like a good enough coach for Harbaugh to lose too. Also good news for the program if they decide to fire Harbaugh after Ohio State runs him off the field 172-3 next year because it gives us one more coach to choose from.

Luke Fickell, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Problem solved.

Is this a case where anyone who wants the job is someone you don't want for the job?

I think Bielema would be a solid hire for MSU. Sure, he failed in the SEC, but he had success in the Big Ten, even after Barry Alvarez's recruits were all gone and the team was fully his. Fickell is a better hire than Bielema but they could do a lot worse.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Luke Fickell, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Maybe, maybe not. We know that Mr. 0-5 isn't the solution though, at least not with the expectations that were initially set out.

The nice thing about Luke fickell is that he won’t have those pesky high expectations attached to weigh him down.