Deleterious

2019 Michigan Football

Just now, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Serious question. Who would you want to replace him? I cant think of a better coach out there. He just gets outplayed by 5 stars at every position vs his 3 an 4 star players.......

He identified the guys he wants earlier

9 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

Time to start giving recruits “loans”. Only way to compete with this program

Yup. UM has to get dirty if it wants to compete with OSU. 

4 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Serious question. Who would you want to replace him? I cant think of a better coach out there. He just gets outplayed by 5 stars at every position vs his 3 an 4 star players.......

Urban Meyer for one. But realistically speaking PJ Fleck and Luke Fickell would be the two I would target with the most effort. You can't just hire another coach though. They have to be given full discretion and ability to skirt and bend rules ala what SEC teams do. Oversign guys, doing more unofficial campus visits when these kids are still in high school, etc.

3.8 GPA is the best in College football? Fml I'd be the smartest man in the game if I went back to college again. How are there any players eligible for Stanford or Harvard?

5 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

How about someone who can recruit five-stars?  Or quarterbacks with any stars?

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Urban Meyer for one. But realistically speaking PJ Fleck and Luke Fickell would be the two I would target with the most effort. You can't just hire another coach though. They have to be given full discretion and ability to skirt and bend rules ala what SEC teams do. Oversign guys, doing more unofficial campus visits when these kids are still in high school, etc.

Fleck just signed a 6 year extension. He aint going anywhere.....

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The fact Urban Meyer is even mentioned here is a joke. Winning is one thing. Winning with a piece of trash human being for your coach is another. No thank you. The other two guys have never beaten a half way decent opponent, let alone won anything. 

2 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Fleck just signed a 6 year extension. He aint going anywhere.....

Contracts are like toilet paper in college football. If you throw enough money around you can buy anyone out of their contract. Luke Fickell is also a name to consider.

3 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

3.8 GPA is the best in College football? Fml I'd be the smartest man in the game if I went back to college again. How are there any players eligible for Stanford or Harvard?

And thank goodness he's available for the Big 10 championship game for that obvious targeting that the officials decided to change. 

Just now, Deleterious said:

Harbaugh should be fired but he won't be.  Hopefully he at least replaces Don Brown.  

Don Brown shouldn't leave that stadium with his job. Just leave your key card on the desk, don. 

Just now, Deleterious said:

Harbaugh should be fired but he won't be.  Hopefully he at least replaces Don Brown.  

He could go find a better D coordinator. 

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

And people thought Michigan had a shot in this game.

As I said earlier this week...taking the over was going to be easy money.  I wish I had taken my own advice.

2 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

He could go find a better D coordinator. 

He wouldn't have to look very hard.  He could just pick someone out of the stands at random.

2 minutes ago, AlaskanTigersFan said:

Don Brown needs the tools to compete. The announcers said every oline man is 40 lbs more than the Michigan defender...

You would thing that the "best" defensive mind in college football would be able to recruit those....

Don't look now, but one more score here by osu and the margin of defeat is worse than last year...and more total points for osu.

5 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Don't look now, but one more score here by osu and the margin of defeat is worse than last year...and more total points for osu.

It's already worse than last year -- 29-point margin versus 23.  Ohio State has a new quarterback and a new head coach.  The constants are Harbaugh, Brown, and Patterson.