Deleterious

2019 Michigan Football

The contact in the end zone PI was far more the DB's fault than DPJ's.   AND a GREAT throw/catch for the TD!!!

I think Peoples-Jones will give me a heart attack on his punt returns. I have no clue what he’s thinking on each and every return

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

Have towels become the new toilet paper toss after a TD? 

Tissue paper. Toilet paper wouldn't  be cricket.

Where has this Michigan team been all season? Where has this offensive line been? This running game? This version of Shea Patterson? Where Harbaugh?

52 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Where has this Michigan team been all season? Where has this offensive line been? This running game? This version of Shea Patterson? Where Harbaugh?

Maybe ND isn't that good.

It's too bad the Wisconsin performance was so poor. Good chance we'll be 9-2 going into osu with one loss being a dropped td in a night game @ psu 

That one awful awful performance really puts a damper on what could otherwise be a good season. 

At least until osu kills us 

3 hours ago, pyrotigers said:

It's too bad the Wisconsin performance was so poor. Good chance we'll be 9-2 going into osu with one loss being a dropped td in a night game @ psu 

That one awful awful performance really puts a damper on what could otherwise be a good season. 

At least until osu kills us 

You'll forgot you ever typed this when it's 42-10 going into the 4th quarter and Shea Patterson is 11-29 with 146 total yards of offense. Seriously, I enjoyed watching Notre Dame get beat down, but if he goes and lays another egg against Ohio State, I won't care what they did against the Irish. I'm at the beat Ohio State or get fired point with Harbaugh right now.

41 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You'll forgot you ever typed this when it's 42-10 going into the 4th quarter and Shea Patterson is 11-29 with 146 total yards of offense. Seriously, I enjoyed watching Notre Dame get beat down, but if he goes and lays another egg against Ohio State, I won't care what they did against the Irish. I'm at the beat Ohio State or get fired point with Harbaugh right now.

Beating OSU has become an unreasonable expectation. They are operating on a different level than the rest of the conference.

9 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Beating OSU has become an unreasonable expectation. They are operating on a different level than the rest of the conference.

Well then they need to get a head coach that can operate on that same level or close to it. Even Mark Dantonio and MSU beat OSU once.

I hear Urban Meyer isn't coaching any longer.

59 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Well then they need to get a head coach that can operate on that same level or close to it. Even Mark Dantonio and MSU beat OSU once.

Football is a funny game. I don’t particularly care that much if Harbaugh is replaced, but I don’t think the metric you are using is sound. 

And not that you forgot, but they did lose by a single play in overtime on the road, and were also in position to win that game two years ago even while playing with their worst quarterback since nick Sheridan. 

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

IF I had to take a guess at the way things are going over the next decade or two, especially now with states like CA moving toward mandating that players be allowed to be compensated, I'm tempted to predict the rise of maybe 20 teams in a one or two super conferences that pull the creme del a creme teams from the current power conferences - 'Bama, LSU, PSU, OSU, Oklahoma, Clemson etc..... to create a new formally commercial version of 'college' football, while all the other schools that currently have been hanging on with little hope of ever winning anything, ( or in most cases - ever making any money back ), slide back into a second class status. Maybe not all the way to the current Ivy League non-revenue model, but to some less 'serious', more local, lower cost, and also possibly very different looking game (due to ongoing CTE concerns). In the face of that kind of evolution I wonder which way the Regents would be more likely to take UM. TBH, Michigan's pretensions of being a national football power are based firmly and deeply in history's rear view mirror. And it's more structural than just a 'finding the right guy' issue. It's  been a generation, three coaches and three AD's since they were a first tier football power. 

Ohio State has the best defense in the country and a better QB than us and a better RB than us

Other than that I don't see why we wouldn't win

31 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Ohio State has the best defense in the country and a better QB than us and a better RB than us

Other than that I don't see why we wouldn't win

There is always the 'any given Saturday' aspect. A clearly superior team can always lose a game due to some combination of youth inconsistency, bad bounces and a few strategically critical ref calls. But even a once in a decade win under some weird alignment of the stars is not going to put the UM football program back into the same class as OSU's or Alabama's or LSU's or ........

It would be nice if UM could beat OSU once in awhile but the fact is other than those few years in the 90s where they took advantage of John Cooper OSU has had the better program and won consistently against Michigan for decades so I think it's unreasonable to expect any coach to compete with OSU on a regular basis.   

Sure you might find someone that will get a fluke win against them here and there like Dantonio did with MSU but I don't think there is anything stopping Harbaugh from being that guy.   We damn near won a couple years ago, and also I feel that we've kinda got unlucky with the schedule.  By that I mean the years where we were actually close to as talented as them we always seem to end up playing them in Columbus where as the years where they are clearly better(like this year) we get them at home. 

I guess the bottom line is that if people want Harbaugh gone that's cool, but I wouldn't fire him just cause he couldn't beat OSU cause I think you are going to be hard pressed to find anybody that is going to beat them outside of the fluke occurrence.   What bothers me more is losing to non OSU teams cause I don't think there is any reason why we can't compete with every other team in the Big 10.     

The PAC-12 posted its lowest average attendance since 1982, and in 2018, its conference members had a 3,013 average decline – the lowest of any conference since 2014.

The Big Ten reached its lowest average attendance in 25 years (65,365). Both the Conference USA and the Mountain West reached the lowest averages in their respective histories. Both conferences launched in the mid-to-late 1990s.

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/03/27/college-football-game-attendance-still-on-the-decline-why-whats-the-solution-how-does-it-relate-to-uga-football/

So in the last 25 yrs, OSU, MSU, UM, MN, WI, IA (just off the top of my head) have all spent major $ to expand and renovate stadiums that are drawing fewer fans than they did before they sunk the $.

College football needs solutions to no less than 4 trends that are all moving in questionable directions for it's future: Attendance is falling, the medical fallout issues for the players are unresolved, major conference competitive imbalance is getting worse, and the 'labor situation' with the players is headed for an upheaval. I don't have any serious predictions on how thing will change, but I will predict they are going to change a lot.