Deleterious

2019 Michigan Football

2 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

This new Gattis offense is just bad. Really bad. 

Or the common factor is just a QB that can not execute with any consistency. 

Ugly.

The offense is ugly and not worth discussing.

Defense looks good.  But it always does against teams like this.  When they run into a team with talent at the skill positions, their aggressive blitz and man coverage will get roasted.  

If McCaffrey is healthy next week he should start. It may not matter because our O line just sucks and shouldn't be in this kind of chaos this far into the season, but he should get a chance. Very disappointed in Patterson so far. Goes to show you can't always believe the hype. 

The other thing is, and I hated that urban meyer said it, but facts are facts- this team has one run all year for more than 20 yards. ONE. They have two receptions for 50 or more. That's just not going to cut it. 

13 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Governor Whitmer should line item veto Gattis salary. 

Ha!

wouldn’t be a bad idea if she could. Or Harbaugh’s FTM. I could give you a list as long as your arm with better places to spend $5-7 mil at the ‘U’

I think the bad offense has more to do with Shea Patterson than Josh Gattis.     It all runs through him.  It's designed to run through him.  The other teams do not respect his ability to throw the ball down the field and he will burn them once a game but that's it........and it's always early.    He makes bad decisions,  He overtrows all the time,  He has happy feet,  He looks uncomfortable,  and Jim Harbaugh banked EVERYTHING on him.

I think if Michigan had a good quarterback, not even a great one, just a good one, they could be legit.   The O-Line is underwhelming, but they give him enough opportunities.   

The comments from Michigan fans on this tweet are as entertaining as expected. 

17 hours ago, Hongbit said:

The comments from Michigan fans on this tweet are as entertaining as expected. 

Comments were indeed entertaining. Michigan fans are the worst. 

Of course, this “award” is ridiculous, being limited only to senior QBs. It’s not surprising that when you limit the pool of candidates to seniors only and then include 20 of them, you end up with guys like Patterson who have not been remotely good.

Shea Patterson is still awful.   In case you were wondering.  Fundamentally dreadful football player.  

1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

Shea Patterson is still awful.   In case you were wondering.  Fundamentally dreadful football player.  

He's missing the mental edge to be a good player.  So is Quinn Nordin.

They cannot stop fumbling.  2 more fumbles today.  And just had one reversed because the knee was down.   

This team has a terrible scheme.  And a player is injured on every play.  Team is weak. 

Just now, T&P_Fan said:

This team has a terrible scheme.  And a player is injured on every play.  Team is weak. 

They have mailed it in so far in the second half, which is another poor reflection on the coaching and culture of the program.

I dont know how that was even considered a fumble. His knee bounced off the ground on that one. 

Illinois is running all over Michigan now.  Michigan has completely given up.  They haven’t tried since they got up a few scores. 

Jim Harbaugh is an embarrassment.  His teams get fundamentally schooled big programs.  

They suck.  M will lose by 35 to Penn State next week.  

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Brown's vaunted defense can't even get their players on the field.

I don't think Brown's defense is regarded as vaunted anymore.  Frequent blitzing against lesser talented teams isn't what I'd call innovative or ground-breaking.

6 yards in the 3rd quarter for Michigan.   Illinois basically had the ball the entire quarter.   

Harbaugh and is incredible incompetence is melting down.  Illinois now only down 11.  They get worse every week.  

Hahahah another fumble.   Illinois in business.  

They are gonna lose.  This is for sure worse than the rich rod era now.