Deleterious

2019 Michigan Football

9 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

This has passed richrod and hoke territory.   It’s worth than either.  

My goodness. I remember those years. We aren’t even close to what was going on back then.

that said....we need to fire both brown and gattis. I’m fine with installing a new offense. But if you do, you damn well better have a plan. This offense has no plan. Brown just needs to go- he didn’t learn a thing after last year.

2 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

They'll kill Rutgers on talent differential alone.  I still think they win 8 or so.

I predicted 4-5 losses before the year started, with Wisconsin being the first loss of the year, but with UM being competitive. After today’s performance and the Army game, I don’t see UM winning strictly on talent differential against lesser talented teams. UM has a coaching and a culture issue that is unable to allow its talent to perform. 

One thing is clear - McCaffery must at least start the 2nd half to help kickstart this game and prevent a massive snowballing effect that has the potential to turn this Big Ten season into a disaster n

It is so easy for Wisconsin to move the ball.  Zero resistance from the Michigan defense. 

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

Is this the game that costs Don Brown his job?

It should.  Schematically Michigan is out of position on nearly every play. 

9 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

It should.  Schematically Michigan is out of position on nearly every play. 

coming off a bye!

When you get your *** whooped like Brown did last year against OSU, whine and moan and say you'll fix it all winter and then come out and don't fix it, you should be fired.

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

That was such a dirty hit on McCaffery. That poor kid doesn't know if it's Wednesday or Saturday. 

two in a row like that.  Not cool.

Also, assuming Michigan loses to Michigan State and Ohio State, Harbaugh should be let go at the end of the season. I would consider letting Harbaugh go after today and that's not hyperbole. I'd be on the phone with Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops ASAP if I'm the AD.

the defense has just been a let down this game. It is hard to score when you never have the ball as they cram it down your throat. 

56 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Mattison may have been ready for pasture, or not, but Brown has run the most consistently overrated D I can remember at M. All hat against the pushovers, no cattle against any team with an offensive pulse.

39 minutes ago, Aaron said:

how about the obvious hold on that play?

On the TD that got called back?

• Thanks 1

LOL - wait till we hear "We had a rough start but we were happy with the way kids came back and won the second half"

So, the wakeup call we didn't get two weeks ago, hopefully we wake up finally. 

The most disappointing Michigan loss in who knows how long. The OSU game sucked last year but was kind of expected at this point. Maybe Penn State a few years ago, but even that wasn’t surprising. They got manhandled today. I’m as big of a Harbaugh slappy as anyone on this planet and it’s so disappointing to see in every way. The line play on both sides is PATHETIC. I repeat, PATHETIC (no reason to have a mediocre o-line and absolutely no interior run defense at this point). They don’t utilize any of their skill players. They have no urgency on either side. The defense sits back all day.The offense has no identity. They look so passive and uninspired. This sucks so much.

If you want to be the Michigan of old, fine. Then recruit big slow linemen who will move boulders and get crushed by fast paced teams. Be Wisconsin or Iowa or Stanford. Accept you won’t win your conference, won’t be in the playoff discussion, or be an exciting program. But pick some kind of identity. I don’t know what the ideal peak of this team would look like even when firing on all cylinders. They are half assing everything.

Or you can get pissed off, be forward-thinking, stop backpedaling, take advantage of your talent, and let it rip without any regrets. This is the time to look in the mirror and say we need to stop being arrogant. It’s time to admit Schembechler style football doesn’t work anymore and it’s a new game. It’s time to stop beating your chest saying Michigan is the best. It’s simply time to win. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

So, the wakeup call we didn't get two weeks ago, hopefully we wake up finally. 

do you mean the fans or the team? For the team, there is nothing to wake up from. This is who they are.

3 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Throw in Wacky Khaki who hired him, too.  

12 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

do you mean the fans or the team? For the team, there is nothing to wake up from. This is who they are.

I mean the team.   Can't blow every team I root for up at the same time. 

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

I mean the team.   Can't blow every team I root for up at the same time. 

Red Wings are on their way back.    Trust me......

:wink: