Deleterious

2019 Michigan Football

you have an experienced offensive line for the first time in 15 years.  you have an experienced senior qb and a talented backup, and you have all three of your biggest rivalry games at home.

barring injuries or flukes, you should win the big ten.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

you have an experienced offensive line for the first time in 15 years.  you have an experienced senior qb and a talented backup, and you have all three of your biggest rivalry games at home.

barring injuries or flukes, you should win the big ten.

Ryan Day is a big unknown here. It's always risky giving a HC job to an assistant who has never been a HC. Worked for "M" with Carr but he had much deeper roots in the program when he was promoted than Day has. If he is some kind of rising star, he has plenty of talent at OSU to make it work. If he's bad, OSU falls from relevance of course.

On 7/18/2019 at 5:17 PM, Euphdude said:

Michigan’s not making it to the CFP. They aren’t going to win the B10 either. 

Idk, I could see them winning the B1G, but the playoff is a bit of a stretch. Sure Harbaugh had a much better 2018 season than '17(still not accomplishing all he set out to do), but until he finally knocks off Ohio State, nothing is ever going to change.

Jim Harbaugh is out there saying Michigan was "Co-Big Ten Champions" last year.    Where the **** is he getting this?    Unless you played in INDY and won in INDY, you ain't ****, Jim.    You are one of the 12 schools that sat home and watched.    This is the kind of thing a loser does.   I just wish he'd shut up.     Just win.  I don't care about anything else.      "Champions" don't get de-pants by their rivals.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Jim Harbaugh is out there saying Michigan was "Co-Big Ten Champions" last year.    Where the **** is he getting this?    Unless you played in INDY and won in INDY, you ain't ****, Jim.    You are one of the 12 schools that sat home and watched.    This is the kind of thing a loser does.   I just wish he'd shut up.     Just win.  I don't care about anything else.      "Champions" don't get de-pants by their rivals.

So much anger. 

He mispoke. He meant to say co big ten east champions, which is true. They even made t-shirts for the team that say that as a motivational tool that also includes the scores of the games they lost last year. He’s trolling and you took the bait. 

7 hours ago, Shelton said:

So much anger. 

He mispoke. He meant to say co big ten east champions, which is true. They even made t-shirts for the team that say that as a motivational tool that also includes the scores of the games they lost last year. He’s trolling and you took the bait. 

A lot of nerve to make that claim after giving up 62 to your rival.   

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Those who stay will be Co-East Division Champions

Well done. 

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A lot of nerve to make that claim after giving up 62 to your rival.   

It’s not a “claim.”  It’s a fact. The big ten sent them a trophy for it and everything. And everyone knows it’s ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Those who stay will be Co-East Division Champions

shall we talk about U$C?

14 hours ago, Buddha said:

shall we talk about U$C?

They are one just move away from joining Alabama and Clemson on top of the college football world. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

They are one just move away from joining Alabama and Clemson on top of the college football world. 

Well done.

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

lol.  i didnt think you did.

No need to hijack a Michigan thread with USC stuff.   Instead here’s what I think about UM

Michigan

PRO:

-Pro-level experienced QB with 1st round potential (also very talented backup)

-One of the top OL units in the country

-Very strong starting WR group 

-Lavert Hill could be the best CB in the conference 

-Don Brown is one of the top DC in the country 

-Favorable schedule with all the toughest games at home 

CON:

-Defense needs to replace 4 All-conference players from last year

-RB is painfully thin and heavily reliant on a true Freshman coming off an injury

-Talented but unproven front 7.   Young players are not nearly the level of Gary, Winovich, Bush. Leaves much on the shoulders of Hudson and Uche

- Inexperienced OC with first time play calling responsibilities 

- Head Coach with a poor history of winning big games. 

I cant tell you if this is a disappointing 8-4 team or an undefeated or 1 loss playoff bound one.  Much of it relies on how strong the rest of the conference turns out to be.   There are so many question marks.  

OSU, MSU, and Iowa will all be good but anyone’s guess at how good.  

Wisconsin should be good if they can find a QB.  

PSU, NW, Purdue are complete wild cards.  

There is also chance that some of the doormats like Nebraska. Minnesota, Maryland, and even Illinois could be decent.   

I agree UM is 3-5 loss team. Harbaugh is talking his team up but that’s something most head coaches do. I’d like them to be better, but what we have now sure does beats the RichRod and Hoke years. 

4 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I agree UM is 3-5 loss team. Harbaugh is talking his team up but that’s something most head coaches do. I’d like them to be better, but what we have now sure does beats the RichRod and Hoke years. 

the only way michigan loses 5 games is if they are completely devastated by injury.  like their whole oline is wiped out, patterson and mccaffery go down, and the secondary loses lavert and daxton.

that said their secondary is dangerously thin.  i think this is the year don brown discovers how to love a zone defense.

Losing 2 of 3 to MSU/ND/OSU

Losing 1 of 2 on the road at Penn St/Wisconsin

1 random upset along the way 

Bowl loss

It’s not likely but I can see this as a possibility even without devastating injuries.

All of that happening without devastating injuries is pretty improbable.

Maybe not, 'I can become an astronaut' improbable, but pretty darn improbable. 

Michigan could lose five games, sure. But I don’t think chances of doing so are higher than any other power conference team that plays a 9-game conference schedule plus a legit OOC game.

It happens from time to time. The 2005 Michigan team is a good example of that.