Keepleyland2

7/16 @7:10 Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians

1 minute ago, LooseGoose said:

Now they're teeing off.

I can see no reason to ever pitch Carpenter in the big leagues again.   Barring a miraculous turnaround.  

This is going to be an ugly end to an already ugly season 

Just now, kj2018 said:

I can see no reason to ever pitch Carpenter in the big leagues again.   Barring a miraculous turnaround.  

This is going to be an ugly end to an already ugly season 

the plan must be to be so bad they get way behind the Orioles so when they start calling guys up and they win a little bit they still won't pass them. Yeah - that *has* to be the plan.......

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

the plan must be to be so bad they get way behind the Orioles so when they start calling guys up and they win a little bit they still won't pass them. Yeah - that *has* to be the plan.......

I think they're planning to flip Carpy to the Orioles at the deadline.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Maybe this will be rained out and all forgotten.

actually this is going to be delayed in a few minutes. Moderate sized cell bearing  down on Cleveland right now.

Rain delay. Poetic justice. 

Carpenter is the classic AAAA starter.

Health and the game always decide your ceiling.

We just need to chip away at this lead, 2 runs an inning and we can catch them by the 12th.

11 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

I started to pay attention little in '75, but '76 was the reason that a middle-aged nerd is now posting in an internet forum with other nerds. 

I guess I can blame Mark Fidrych, Rusty Staub and Ron LeFlore, in that order.

5 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

A hit!  The Tigers get a hit!  This would be a good time to announce Lloyd's extension.

i was quite disappointed that you seem to have missed commenting on the above post.

6 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Jack was the best pitcher of the 80's

Propaganda that refuses to die...

4 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

i was quite disappointed that you seem to have missed commenting on the above post.

Gosh, where to begin?  Have I ever told you that I saw the Fidrych curtain call game at a motel in Winnipeg?

Here's something that not very many people know:  I watched Gibby/Gossage in my hotel room in Edmonton.  True story.

7 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Gosh, where to begin?  Have I ever told you that I saw the Fidrych curtain call game at a motel in Winnipeg?

Not that I recall...lol....I was thinking more along the lines of "no, club, club"...

But tonight is a good night for stories

This is really punishing. When I see players in the dugout and their body language is a slumping form of dejection it makes the game on TV unwatchable. When Gardenhire was shown in the dugout without emotion when the Indians first began to score it was hard to witness. I feel the same way.

This intentional rebuild is punishing to fans to announcers and players.  It’s like “Dead Man Walking” without the comforting mercy of death. The death walk just goes on and on. I’m really tired of it. 

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You guys,  I think the Tigers are kind of bad this year. 

Someone brave needs to start a new thread on this very topic.

I think that people are unfair to the 1996 team when they start raving about how bad 1975 and 2003 were.  Brian Williams anchored that pitching staff, and they deserve to be remembered.