Keepleyland2

7/16 @7:10 Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians

11 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Jack was the best pitcher of the 80's

Austin Jackson was the best CF of 2012.

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

If you multiply Riley Greene’s 16 games as a professional by 10 for 160, he’d have (250-H) (40-2B) (10-3B) (30-HR) (140-RBI) (.373-BA) (90-BB) (200-SO) (1.052-OPS). 

The strikeouts really have me worried. I think we’re screwed. Why can’t we have nice things? 

Let me be the 1st to say what many are thinking:

We need to trade him at the deadline.

I won't worry about losing Shane Greene.   I don't think the Tigers will miss him.  The Tigers might not ever have the lead again this year starting the ninth inning for anyone to get a save.

5 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Let me be the 1st to say what many are thinking:

We need to trade him at the deadline.

Not so fast. I heard the Tigers are flying Lloyd back East to work on Riley’s swing because he thinks he’s “noticed something.”

8 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Not so fast. I heard the Tigers are flying Lloyd back East to work on Riley’s swing because he thinks he’s “noticed something.”

That he's hitting the ball with regularity?

5 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I hope the Tigers have plenty of liability coverage. You can only throw 100 mph with no idea where it's going for so long before bad things happen.

So very, very true. Last night he threw 2 pitches behind a hitter, didn't he? And then he wondered why he didn't get the call on a borderline breaking ball. 

32 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

If you multiply Riley Greene’s 16 games as a professional by 10 for 160, he’d have (250-H) (40-2B) (10-3B) (30-HR) (140-RBI) (.373-BA) (90-BB) (200-SO) (1.052-OPS). 

The strikeouts really have me worried. I think we’re screwed. Why can’t we have nice things? 

Shep is going to take him in Pick the Stick, the only reason we have for tuning in.

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

Nervous Nellie. He has already cut his K rate 15% by going to the next higher class. With 5 more levels to climb he should be well under 100K per season by the time he reaches Detroit.

(this reminds me of the story about the passenger on a 707 that had successively lost 3 engines. Each time the Pilot came on the to the passenger's not to worry, the plane was still flying well but after each engine loss he had to recalculate that their arrival would be delayed by another 20 min. He remarked to the passenger next to him that he sure hoped they didn't lose #4 because it would mean they'd be up there forever.

What’s the deal with Jim? Sounds like he is not into it at all. His voice is subdued for the most part. 

For a moment I thought that was Cas out in the RF stands, then I realized he wouldn't wear that jersey.

Happy people at a baseball game in their home park enjoying a team that’s decent. God I hate it. 

3-0 Indians. Gardenhire hasn’t been tossed out lately.  At least not that I’ve noticed. He’s come to except this terrible fate. 

2 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

For all this badness, most likely we still won’t get the number one pick. 

oh really?

2 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

For all this badness, most likely we still won’t get the number one pick. 

I don't know if that matters since according to some that person won't fit the timeline of this rebuild    ?