Keepleyland2

7/15 @7:10 Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians

19 minutes ago, socaltiger said:

I don't agree with Gardy and Morris for taking Norris out. He's been around awhile now and needs to pitch out of his own jams. Time to let the "kid" fly so to speak. No need to"protect" him.

I might have agreed with that had I not thought about it and looked up the 'stats.' 

There were 2 outs.  With 2 runners on ..the only question was "Which pitcher (Norris or Stumpf) gives us the best advantage to get 1 more out before giving up 2 or more runs?"

Considering Norris pitched well enough to win (and Gardy did not want to give him the opportunity to lose in the sixth inning) ..along with Stumpf's .220 BA against 48 lefthand batters vs Norris' .270 BA against 70 lefthand batters this season ..I think Gardy made the right decision at the time.  Unfortunately ..Stumpf failed

I’m planning to see the Tigers at Tropicana on Sunday, August 18.  I’ll be in the vicinity. I wonder how many of the 32 games between then and now they will have won. 8-10?

Rain. That’s something I won’t have to worry about at Tropicana.  

Did Gardenhire bring a reliever back into  game after a 70 minute delay? Seriously?

OK - mark this day down. First time I remember him doing something as dumb as Ausmus might have.

11 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Jordy "Babe" Mercer

"What juiced ball"

- Jody Mercer 7/15/2019

Remember when we looked forward to Cabrera coming up with a tie or win on the line in the 9th?

Good times.....

It's probably in the Tigers best interest to keep losing to the Indians, not only for #tankathon2019 but to keep the Indians in the playoff race.   If they fallout of it they will likely look to be sellers including putting guys like Bauer on the market which could saturate the starting pitchers available and decrease the demand for Boyd.   

jack ( who twice called the Tigers the Twins tonight) could not remember the last Tiger throwing triple digits. Well who could  blame anyone for trying to forget Bruce Rondon?

11 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Remember when we looked forward to Cabrera coming up with a tie or win on the line in the 9th?

Good times.....

Tell me about it . . . 

Perhaps Miggy can get a few tips on launch angle from Jordy tonight.

free mlb week so i get to watch the tigers play!

my god, i dont understand how you people do this day after day.  what is wrong with you masochists?  

10 hours ago, socaltiger said:

I don't agree with Gardy and Morris for taking Norris out. He's been around awhile now and needs to pitch out of his own jams. Time to let the "kid" fly so to speak. No need to"protect" him.

I agree.

And even aside from "protecting a kid arm", I'd rather have Norris try to get that out vs most of the arms in the bullpen.

8 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

jack ( who twice called the Tigers the Twins tonight) could not remember the last Tiger throwing triple digits. Well who could  blame anyone for trying to forget Bruce Rondon?

Rondon was a few years ahead of his time.  He really would look good on this roster.

The Tigers may have really dealt themselves an issue with getting Morris into the booth.  Or maybe they are looking for a cringe factor to attract viewers, I don't know.