Keepleyland2

7/15 @7:10 Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians

The Cleveland loving in laws are staying with us this week.  Please God, for all that is holy and right with the world, help the Tigers inflict carnal damage to the Cleveland postseason chances.  Or a series split.  Yes, I will take, at minimum, a series split.

20 minutes ago, Casimir said:

The Cleveland loving in laws are staying with us this week.  Please God, for all that is holy and right with the world, help the Tigers inflict carnal damage to the Cleveland postseason chances.  Or a series split.  Yes, I will take, at minimum, a series split.

Aren't they primarily in town to watch your children, while you are out boozing it up with me? Seems a little cruel to ask the baseball gods to inflict suffering on the people doing you a favor. Then again, I'm not the one staying with them... 

3 minutes ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Aren't they primarily in town to watch your children, while you are out boozing it up with me? Seems a little cruel to ask the baseball gods to inflict suffering on the people doing you a favor. Then again, I'm not the one staying with them... 

If not for me, they wouldn't have such wonderful grandchildren.

7 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Daniel Norris vs Adam Plutko

Plutko.  Rhymes with Zimmermann and orange.  The bats stay en fuego and victory is ours.  Book it.

30 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Plutko.  Rhymes with Zimmermann and orange.  The bats stay en fuego and victory is ours.  Book it.

Now that Lloyd's lessons are taking hold they may be unstoppable.

Trevor Rosenthal selected to the major league roster to put the 40 man roster at 40. JaCoby Jones starts his rehab work at Toledo tonight.

14 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Are you guys going to be carpooling down to Roswell?  I could chip in maybe $30 for gas.

Unfortunately I have other plans.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Vern Kennedy is not ****ing around, goddammit.

Tell Vern that I said that I don't like that white lipstick that he is wearing, it reminds me of those Carnaby Street birds from 1965.

Tigers still have TBA for tomorrow. Beau Burrows was scheduled to start for @MudHens tonight, but now Gregory Soto is listed as Hens starter. Make of it what you will.

Hall-of-Fame pitcher and Fox Sports Detroit TV analyst Jack Morris had a lengthy conversation with Miguel Cabrera today in the Tigers' clubhouse. 

It was their first meeting since Cabrera spoke out 8 days ago.

Hall-of-Fame pitcher and Fox Sports Detroit TV analyst Jack Morris had a lengthy conversation with Miguel Cabrera today in the Tigers' clubhouse. 

It was their first meeting since Cabrera spoke out 8 days ago.

This will be the 2nd one if we believe Jack, who said in a game last week or maybe even a little before that he had talked to Cabrera. Odd position for a team media guy to get into, especially when Jack's main loyalty for the last 10 yrs hasn't even really been the Tigers but the Twins (which is fine, but it just makes it a bit weirder that he should be suddenly involving himself that deeply with a Tiger player's career). I have my doubts he will have much influence on Cabrera, but more power to him for trying. OTOH he risks poisoning his access to the clubhouse. But Jack has been nothing in his life if not bull-headed himself.

15 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

This will be the 2nd one if we believe Jack, who said in a game last week or maybe even a little before that he had talked to Cabrera. Odd position for a team media guy to get into, especially when Jack's main loyalty for the last 10 yrs hasn't even really been the Tigers but the Twins (which is fine, but it just makes it a bit weirder that he should be suddenly involving himself that deeply with a Tiger player's career). I have my doubts he will have much influence on Cabrera, but more power to him for trying. OTOH he risks poisoning his access to the clubhouse. But Jack has been nothing in his life if not bull-headed himself.

I'd be in the camp of "it can't hurt".......and in a very long shot might help.

VictoryReyes™ is determined to put this team his back.....

And so is Harold Castro....

And Clarkie runs us into another one....

Single double - 1st out at home.

3 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

Can someone please explain the 'blocking home plate' rule?

Here's the official MLB rule on a catcher blocking home plate
  • A runner attempting to score may not deviate from his direct pathway to the plate in order to initiate contact with the catcher (or other player covering home plate). ...
  • Unless the catcher is in possession of the ball, the catcher cannot block thepathway of the runner as he is attempting to score.