Keepleyland2

7/13 @7:15 Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals

814B3FF2-C0C0-4B5C-A1D4-476D7622BF91.thumb.png.2824e33ca12155b0d07ca7d31d060b0c.png

“Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages.”
— No. 6

• Like 1

Every Boyd start for Tigers from here to July 31 will make me hold my breath and cross my fingers.

28 minutes ago, kdog said:

D_YO3JPW4AIQWRN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

That resembles a modern tombstone.   I feel bad for the Royals.

It’s frustrating.  I can no longer access the site on my iPhone.  I can on my iPad but not the iPhone because there’s some loompasplace scam Walmart card pop up that takes over.  I looked it up and it started happening this morning to lots of people. Heck.  Only on this site too so far.  Which is the one I care about the most dammit. 

6 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

It’s frustrating.  I can no longer access the site on my iPhone.  I can on my iPad but not the iPhone because there’s some loompasplace scam Walmart card pop up that takes over.  I looked it up and it started happening this morning to lots of people. Heck.  Only on this site too so far.  Which is the one I care about the most dammit. 

My iPhone will barely work anywhere nowadays.   My kids tell me it's because I'm a cheap old SOB using an 11 year old IPhone 4.  I think it's sloppy spaghetti code from these young whippersnappers that didn't grow up coding on 8K of RAM and single sided single density floppies.

It’s weird. On my iPhone if I am lucky enough to log back in I am immediately logged back out. 

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

My iPhone will barely work anywhere nowadays.   My kids tell me it's because I'm a cheap old SOB using an 11 year old IPhone 4.  I think it's sloppy spaghetti code from these young whippersnappers that didn't grow up coding on 8K of RAM and single sided single density floppies.

IP4 only runs a fairly old version of IOS because Apple stopped writing for it. But that probably means there are no up to date browsers, and so sites that require the hooks in newer browsers stop working. The data rate on the 4 is also too slow for the amount of data many sites push now. The button on my 4 failed which led me to upgrade but it was already running into a lot of site problems and that has been a quite a while now. I'm amazed you are getting any function from a 4 at all!

9 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

IP4 only runs a fairly old version of IOS because Apple stopped writing for it. But that probably means there are no up to date browsers, and so sites that require the hooks in newer browsers stop working. The data rate on the 4 is also too slow for the amount of data many sites push now. The button on my 4 failed which led me to upgrade but it was already running into a lot of site problems and that has been a quite a while now. I'm amazed you are getting any function from a 4 at all!

lol, not much really other than calls and messages.   A few web sites but I rarely bother because it's soooooo slow.  It actually does work reasonably well as a hotspot if I have my tablet along.   It's the only Apple product I've ever owned and I've been very satisfied with it - built like a brick and even after all these years the battery is pretty good.  My kids switch phones every 6 months to a year which would drive me nuts.   I've always been a believer in using what I have unless there's demonstrable upgrade and for how much web browsing I do on a phone the value hasn't been there for me - although I might change my mind if my phone actually browsed - 😉  

Had this gem of a Facebook "memory" today.   "Can't wait to watch Inge dominate the Home Run Derby tonight."  Yeah that didn't work out so well. 

• Like 1