Keepleyland2

7/12 @8:15 Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

They just can't stop....Victor Reyes(?!?!)

I think the talk on MTS about the wrong Reyes in the Rule V draft has enraged him!!

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

So,......, anyone jumping off of the Turnbull bandwagon lately?

IDK, still has a good arm and 4 pitches. Tonight his FB strike % was low and while he had good velocity he wasn't getting many swings and misses. He and Norris could both go either way the rest of this season.

1 hour ago, Lei Pong said:

He makes too much money for a Roth.  If you make more than something like 200K you are not allowed to start one

It was a joke...

8 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

IDK, still has a good arm and 4 pitches. Tonight his FB strike % was low and while he had good velocity he wasn't getting many swings and misses. He and Norris could both go either way the rest of this season.

He's done fine this season all things considered.  I don't know that I think he's any more than a lower end of the rotation guy, but this team needs those pieces, too.  I've been wary of his innings count this season.

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

He's done fine this season all things considered.  I don't know that I think he's any more than a lower end of the rotation guy, but this team needs those pieces, too.  I've been wary of his innings count this season.

If Turnbull had come up in the old regime, they would have told him to drop a pitch. I never liked that approach and in Turnbull's case I think it is what makes him interesting. He throws a sinker, a slider, and a (more or less) 4 seam fastball. This isn't all that common and it gives him three hard pitches with different movement, plus the curve - so he has a lot to work with.