Keepleyland2

7/12 @8:15 Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

TBD vs Danny Duffy

TBD?  I wonder if Seth Greisinger is available.

In Cedar Rapids Iowa now on the way to KC for the game.   Went to Field of Dreams and a MWL Kernels game today. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, syrett4 said:

In Cedar Rapids Iowa now on the way to KC for the game.   Went to Field of Dreams and a MWL Kernels game today. 

And smelled the worst smelling town in America.

3 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

And smelled the worst smelling town in America.

Why does it smell bad? In Idaho it’s sugar beet processing. It smells like something rancid burning. The smell can travel through the air for up to 20 or 30 miles. When I lived in Lafayette, Indiana it was an Anheuser-Busch mashing plant. It smelled like rotting sauerkraut. 

It looks like MLB.TV is free across the board today. 

5 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Why does it smell bad? In Idaho it’s sugar beet processing. It smells like something rancid burning. The smell can travel through the air for up to 20 or 30 miles. When I lived in Lafayette, Indiana it was an Anheuser-Busch mashing plant. It smelled like rotting sauerkraut. 

Quaker Oats factory

5 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Where I grew up the smell of sugar beets was the smell of $$.....;-)   In a good year they're one of the most profitable crops you can grow in MI.

30 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Quaker Oats factory

We must have been lucky enough to be upwind from the factory, or they weren't producing anything when we were there last night.  Leaving in a little while to head to KC.  

1 minute ago, syrett4 said:

We must have been lucky enough to be upwind from the factory, or they weren't producing anything when we were there last night.  Leaving in a little while to head to KC.  

Should have just kept going the 20 miles to Iowa City...Could have hooked you up. 

6 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Should have just kept going the 20 miles to Iowa City...Could have hooked you up. 

Will be through there today in about an hour.   I planned the trip in stages and broke it up with MiLB parks.   Hitting Clinton IA on the way back on Saturday.  

Starter still not announced for this game?   Could a Burrows debut be in the works?

21 minutes ago, syrett4 said:

Are you going to Arthur Bryant's or Gates?   Let me know so I can place my mail order with you.  😉

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Maybe it's TBD because they have to wait and see who comes back after the break. Whoever shows up, they play!

I think it's to see if the Boyd deal is done before game time.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

They are going to pull a fan from the stands to start as part of a new promotion.

I like your optimism that there will be fans in attendance.

• Thanks 1