Keepleyland2

7/7 @1:10 Boston Red Sox vs Detroit Tigers

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Nope, still doesn't make sense. 

The 105 loss team is worse than the 95 loss team in this moment of time. Young players who might be good, no future value etc has 0 meaning when trying to determine who the worst team is. We don't determine draft picks based on one of those ESPN BS future organizational rankings things. 

It makes sense.  I am often wrong, but I always make sense!

I am not saying there should be a draft order based on org ranking.  I am accepting Chuck's suggestion that the teams with the worst records get the highest weights in the lottery.  That way the worst teams get a chance to get better, but it's not designed so that a team will automatically get the first pick by trying to lose.  

I was addressing your concern that the worst team would get hurt by a lottery.  My point is that the  team with the worst record is not necessarily the worst team or the organization which is in greatest need of a pick.  Thus, I don't care whether they get the first pick or not.  

I think you understand why the team with the worst record might not be the organization which is in the worst shape.

They also might not even be the worst team at that moment in time as you contend.  They may have been unlucky or had a lot of injuries.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

They also might not even be the worst team at that moment in time as you contend.  They may have been unlucky or had a lot of injuries.

shorthand for this is "Spurs get Duncan"

19 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

shorthand for this is "Spurs get Duncan"

That thought occurred to me too.