Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

2019 Summer League

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

This is what happens when you draft a ***** French guy.

Injured already. He’ll fit right in. 

We need to merge Thomas and Brown.

Brown is good on D and can't play offense worth a damn.  Thomas is the exact opposite.  

• Like 1

Thomas was an elite defensive player in college so it's not like he isn't capable, he just hasn't gotten much playing time yet.

I never watched Thomas in college, but watching them in the pros it’s not even close between Thomas and Brown defensively. If Thomas defended like Brown he’d have been the starter all last year because clearly he can shoot better. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Thomas was an elite defensive player in college so it's not like he isn't capable, he just hasn't gotten much playing time yet.

Probably because he is terrible on defense.  

The very few times I saw him last year he was totally lost on the floor. Teammates were showing him where to go, pushing him to his spot, etc.  

Donovan Mitchell on the sideline...just to keep pouring salt on that wound I guess. 

svi, brown, and thomas all look as advertised.  svi can shoot, has an ok handle, but isnt going to defend many people.  brown cant score and wont be an nba point guard.  demon on d though.

thomas can shoot if you leave him wide open.  other than that, not much.

that dude we drafted from europe in round 2 is going right back to europe for a few years.  i dont see what he does well other than be 18 or 19 and tall.

it'll be more interesting to see them against nba level athletes.  these guys from croatia cant keep up athletically.

27 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Probably because he is terrible on defense.  

The very few times I saw him last year he was totally lost on the floor. Teammates were showing him where to go, pushing him to his spot, etc.  

I mean, he played only a few select minutes here and there and was a rookie. I think that's way too small a sample size to determine that he's terrible on defense when there's a bigger sample size showing that it's a strength of his.

I could buy that his team defense would take a hit being a rookie with limited minutes, but I’m talking about his on ball defense. Night and day compared to Brown. 

Mitchell Robinson welcoming Zion to the NBA.  He has already blocked him 3 or 4 times. 

disappointing not to see sekou, but the rest of the team looks pretty good.  the athleticism increased a lot in the opponent  but they still held their own.

svi can shoot.  brown can d.

thomas not having as good a time as yesterday.  

svi and brown look like the best players on the floor.

nassir little....does not.

• Thanks 1

I saw a tweet the other day from one of the talking heads.  He mentioned there is talk about starting summer league later in the summer.  That way guys who are traded during the moratorium can be on their new teams and able to play in summer league.  

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Not watching.  But Twitter says the French guy will play tonight.

He hit a couple shots so far but looks really raw. Not seeing the lateral quickness or the good hands I expected but we’ll see what happens after a year of NBA training. 

It’s been a rough game. Allen is killing us and nobody on the Pistons can shoot today. 

he looked really raw and really lost.  gonna be a while to see if he pans out or not.

the pistons didnt have their best player and they lost.  

Not really interested in watching him.  It will be years before we know anything.

I don't understand why Jarrett Allen was playing.