Keepleyland2

7/4 @2:10 p.m. Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox

091394C7-21AD-43C7-9B96-C1CBAC67356D.thumb.png.a54dc0f4f17c4dedbc2f52e5be052567.png

5.7 MB file suitable for framing as a souvenir of this great day and of this great foe in its most illustrious moment. God Bless William Ligue Jr. and God Bless the Chicago White Sox. 

When everything was going wrong in 2008, it was because the Tigers could not get Cruceta into the US.  Then he got into the US and everything was better and the Tigers won the World Series.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

Greene wrecked his value last night.......now Boyd.

Boyd could really use a game where he keeps the ball in the park.

The Boyd we all thought might emerge is starting to emerge. Being a hard throwing lefty will get you only so far.

29 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Has Mize been buried or was it a cremation?

So under the whistling past the graveyard heading, earlier today when the question about the draft signing deadline came up I re-read a story about JV, and sure enough, they had to shut him down during his season at AA for capsular inflammation. So maybe, just possibly, in some near universe, Mize will be fine.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

So under the whistling past the graveyard heading, earlier today when the question about the draft signing deadline came up I re-read a story about JV, and sure enough, they had to shut him down during his season at AA for capsular inflammation. So maybe, just possibly, in some near universe, Mize will be fine.

It probably should have been expected. I mean he was going from pitching once a week, to every five days. With a splitter. It was probably our fault for thinking he'd get through 25 years, let alone year 1, without needing to be shut down for a bit.

Dear Shep, 

Comisky Park II opened in 1991. Gibson played in the AL in 1991, 93, 94, 95. So he did play in the ballpark. Way to do your homework.

13 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

091394C7-21AD-43C7-9B96-C1CBAC67356D.thumb.png.a54dc0f4f17c4dedbc2f52e5be052567.png

5.7 MB file suitable for framing as a souvenir of this great day and of this great foe in its most illustrious moment. God Bless William Ligue Jr. and God Bless the Chicago White Sox. 

Isn't William III in jail for arranging a drive-by shooting?  

Great family. 

Remember a year later when some other White Sox fan went after Laz Diaz?   Of all the Umps to go after, you go after Laz Diaz.   Good luck with that, moron.  

19 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Dear Shep, 

Comisky Park II opened in 1991. Gibson played in the AL in 1991, 93, 94, 95. So he did play in the ballpark. Way to do your homework.

It’s what you get when you don’t put a baseball guy in the play-by-play job. It’s a pretty bad gaffe by the Tigers and Fox Sports, although competence in calling games live is probably lower on their imperatives list than we’d liked.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It’s what you get when you don’t put a baseball guy in the play-by-play job. It’s a pretty bad gaffe by the Tigers and Fox Sports, although competence in calling games live is probably lower on their imperatives list than we’d liked.

You’ll appreciate this—my wife worked with him at her first ad agency (Ross Roy).

1 minute ago, Tenacious D said:

You’ll appreciate this—my wife worked with him at her first ad agency (Ross Roy).

He had to have been an AE on Chrysler. Am I close?

Seven strikeouts in three innings. God bless the White Sox.

10 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Ding ding

What else? No way he was a creative, and he looks like too much of a frat guy to be in media. 

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

What else? No way he was a creative, and he looks like too much of a frat guy to be in media. 

He was an Account guy—ding, ding was meant to be, correct

and no Account guy jokes, please.  I was  one for 17 years before I went to the Dark(er) Side.

Castro seems to be a pretty good hitter. Although not a lot of power but a good contact hitter.

Matt's out here trying to contribute to the rebuild in two different ways at once. Raising the trade value and helping the tank.