chasfh

What Will Become of Miguel Cabrera?

How will the Tigers deal with Miguel Cabrera?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Tigers deal with Miguel Cabrera?

• Grin and bear it for the remaining four-plus years.
    • Keep him around for a few more seasons, but DFA him before the contract expires.
    • DFA him after this season.
    • Trade him.
    • Successfully rehabilitate him into a useful player and good teammate.
    • Other (explain in a post).

14 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Are they jorts?

Blue jean shorts were awesome.  There was a real knack to getting the fringe exactly right.  I don't want them now though, I want a pair of new pants with a bunch of holes intentionally ripped in them.

14 hours ago, Yoda said:

You don't notice a difference between a brand new pair and a pair that is 20 years old? 

Since I have not purchased a new pair in close to 15 years I cannot answer that question.  I can say that the shorts I own are still clean and comfortable and they are in great condition.  Why would I buy a new pair?

This discussion is limited to shorts for me.  I buy 3-4 new dress shirts a year.  I have a closet full of them and unload the old ones once a year.  Jeans are close to the same as shorts for me.  Every once in a while I will get a new pair, but jeans are pretty indestructible.

T Shirts OTOH I like a good gimicky, old Movie type T shirt and buy those quite often.

I have dress shirts that I have worn for 20 years.  The collars on some of them are frayed but it's always cold wear I work, so I wear a sweater almost all the time.  I have enough newer shirts that I can wear when I need to wear them without sweaters.  When the weather gets warm, I wear short sleeve jersies.   

4 hours ago, Casimir said:

I have a plain red sweatshirt that I bought specifically for a Halloween costume.  I went as Bobby Knight and my future wife went as a beat up basketball player.  So that episode was, what, around 2000?  I'll wear it around the house or doing lawn work.  Its intact, its comfortable, I like it.

3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

I have dress shirts that I have worn for 20 years.  The collars on some of them are frayed but it's always cold wear I work, so I wear a sweater almost all the time.  I have enough newer shirts that I can wear when I need to wear them without sweaters.  When the weather gets warm, I wear short sleeve jersies.   

I only buy clearance dress shirts.  I will find a good sale at Express and get them for like 5.00 and just buy as many as I can that are in my size.  

I need to buy a couple nice new White Dress shirts.  I cringe when buying nice new shirts.  I got a couple on sale for 2 for 70 or something like that a few years ago and cringed...the dude who sold them to me was like "dude those usually go for 70 a piece!"...not for me they do not.

3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

The collars on some of them are frayed but it's always cold wear I work, so I where a sweater almost all the time. 

Thear, I wixed that for you!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 7:12 PM, Yoda said:

I can't imagine owning a piece of clothing for more than4 or 5 years, let alone 15-20.

I kind of admire it, really. 

I still wear a shirt the army gave me back in 1970. Actually I just use it as a hankerchief when I have a cold. Easy on the nose.